Review Highlights
Quiet Beach

Nice quiet beach..away from the hussle of the main Southend beach..if you like peace and quiet this... read more

Reviewed 6 September 2018
bigbarryEssex
London, United Kingdom
via mobile
Quiet Beach

If you tire of the jazzed-up beach by the pier, there is always Chalkwell Beach to fall back on... read more

Reviewed 18 August 2018
Freddyminster
Witham, United Kingdom

All reviews paddling pool lovely sandy beach ice cream local beach high tide walk along the beach southend area lovely area small beach dog walkers pebbles sea toilets leigh paddle train cafe
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Nice place, and close to London! We had already a couple of weekends spent there as I'm a sea lover!

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Very close to London, travelling by underground to new ham, and taking the c2c train to chalkwell was thrilling.... Just within an hours ride...the chalkwell beach is right adjoining the train station.

Its by chance that I landed here on a bright Sunny day...
Being high tide, the surf was eagerly kissing the sands, leaving special tokens of sea shells, colorful pebbles on the shores.

Sea, surf, sand, sun, sandcastles, sunglasses and smiles were witnessed all around me. A pleasant place, perfect to enjoy a day out, unspoilt nature to make you happy and cheerful.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed 30 May 2018

Chalkwell beach is a lovely area with sandy beaches and great for a day out at the seaside. Have a swim in the sea when the tide is in and enjoy the sunshine in this lovely area of Chalkwell. Right next to the Station for easy access if not driving

Date of experience: August 2017
1  Thank Rosy567
Reviewed 29 May 2018

I have no idea what you people see in this place. I, my mum and sister came here yesterday expecting what the pictures were showing us and what the reviews were telling us however it was damp, disgusting, full of algae and muddy. The smells around were horrific, beer, tobacco, rotten fish and urine, we had to hold our breath for most of the trip. The people were also not the friendliest and the parking was terrible as well. Never again will we go back and I will definitely make sure my friends and family are warned not to come here.

Date of experience: May 2018
7  Thank Hannah S
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Does have any fishing Peeir around this beach?? I knew there is a fishing peeir in southend sea.
uf anybody know it pls lets know.
thanks