“Lacking!”

Price range: USD 17 - USD 38
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I came here with my husband, my adult son and two little girls.
What can I say?
The service was SO SLOW and I mean SLLLLOOOOOWWWW!
It was busy but even making allowances the waiting time was far too long.
One of my pet hates happened throughout the meal and that is when not all of the food comes out at the same time. There is nothing worse than when some people have their food and others are sitting waiting. The garlic bread starter was burnt underneath.
The wait between the starter and the main must have been about 45 minutes and when the meals started arriving, they didn’t all come out together. One of the children’s meals was really late coming out from the kitchen as they realised the pizza had the wrong topping. I ended up feeding her from my food while she waited.
Presentation was not good. I had spaghetti Bolognese and it was plonked in a bowl, nothing attractive about it. It was ten minutes after it arrived that I was offered Parmesan. It was very watery and nothing to get excited about.
When the mains were finished, dirty serviettes were left on the table as well as some of the cutlery.
Desserts were not nice. I had a Nutella Calzone which was like chewing the bottom of my shoe, it was that hard and over baked.
Toilets were not nice. No soap in the ladies and the flush was broken.
On a positive note, the staff were really nice. They were slow and not very good at their jobs but they were very nice.
Would we come back again?
Sadly, no, too much waiting and not worth the wait.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Pizza were all burnt underneath and when mentioned we were told the base of oven has to be really hot!!!what a poor excuse for burnt food! We visit Prezzo requarly however will not be going to this one again. Atmosphere, service and food were all to a poor standard.

love_prezzo, Guest Relations Manager at Prezzo - Clacton-on-Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Hello, thank you for your comments. Your feedback has been passed onto the restaurant and additional training will be provided to our kitchen staff. We know we can do better and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We live in Clacton and regularly visit Prezzo along the seafront. Normally the service and food are, in my opinion, of a good standard but when we went for dinner last night we were very disappointed. Staff we hadn’t seen before, one of whom, was more interested in clearing tables than taking our order ..... obviously not enjoying her day !!! The food was ok but not up to the normal standard and service was poor. Needless to say we left without leaving a tip and it will be a while before we return.

Hi, we are concerned to hear about the level of service and food you received in our restaurant. We will be providing extra training to our staff to ensure incidents like this do not happen again. We hope you can accept our sincere apologies.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Bread with cheese for starter, over priced. Chicken with spinach and mushrooms pasta, ? chicken over cooked as it was very dry. One starter two mains and two glasses of wine wine came to £45.00
The only good thing was the service. Very disappointed

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Great meal, great service by Greg, great ambiance, but sit away from door, we moved table as was quite drafty. Table s not positioned too close too each other. Food served very quickly. Menu has many choices.