“Scrumptious Afternoon Tea”

Price range: USD 5 - USD 27
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 February 2016

I visited Bluebird Tea Rooms with a friend for afternoon tea today. I was made very welcome from the minute that I walked in the front door until I left. The staff were very friendly and soon seated us. The lady who took our order was lovely and could not have been more helpful. The tea soon arrived and it was delicious. The sandwiches were very fresh and a good range of choices. The cakes which were Victoria Sponge, Chocolate Fudge Cake and Carrot Cake were amazing and just enough. Finishing with fresh scones, cream and jam. The whole experience was brilliant and I would not hesitate in passing on this review to others or in making a return visit. I have had afternoon tea in many places including that "Special Hotel" in London beginning with R and also a renowned hotel on the outskirts of Colchester and this is by far and away my favourite. Excellent afternoon tea in lovely surroundings at a great price served by amazing staff. What more do you need?

There are newer reviews for Bluebird Tearooms

Reviewed 22 February 2016 via mobile

Quirky tearoom/restaurant with loads of personality. One of those little gems that doesn't look much from the outside but well worth venturing in. The food is home made by the owners and very tasty. Interestingly the furniture in use is also for sale only seen that once before in a London Thai Restaurant and that was a few years ago. Fully deserves its Tripadvisor listing.
Nice venue for nice people

2  Thank Misternorman
Reviewed 21 February 2016

My 23 year old wanted something Sundayish to eat on Sunday, but Dad had nothing in the house. Bad Dad. The welcome cheered her up and the chats with the "patronesse" showed that she and her young twenties friends could find somewhere nice to go, in this slightly frayed seaside town (that she went to uni to get away from). OIt always cheers me up too.

Reviewed 19 February 2016 via mobile

Having seen such excellent reviews on here for Bluebird Tearooms, I really wanted to try this place out and it didn't disappoint, really fresh sandwiches, lovely scones and cake, all served with a smile, I would highly recommend this to anyone

1  Thank Gill C
Reviewed 17 February 2016

first time visit and we loved it, homemade cake nice selection of drinks, paninis, jacket pots, and much more.
nice decor and has lovely cushions and other things to buy, run by nice people, everyone should pop in next to aldi., sort of thing clacton needs,
we will be back