“Amazing tastes!”

Price range: USD 19 - USD 26
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Blue Sari wishes to offer you a taste of real Indian cooking and more. Our owner chef Russell has trained in Bangladesh, Paris and Cyprus as well as London. Married to an English wife, he also understands exactly what our standards are in this country. His passion for cooking and new tastes reach out to embrace not only the traditional but the new and modern combination of east meets west. His love of fresh ingredients and locally sourced food will be noticeable in Russell's delicious and inventive dishes.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Wonderful, beautiful freshly cooked, delicious food. Very pleasant, comfortable surroundings. Excellent service. Had the set meal for four, great selection of dishes at very reasonable price.

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

Invited by a close friend to join his family for a meal. I've never been before and a self confessed newbie to an Indian.
Now for any doubters I can thoroughly recommend this restaurant as it really hit the nail on the head. I skipped a starter option to have a poppadom with the sauces. A lovely little starter and light enough to leave you wanting.
I then had a tandoori mixed grill which was so enjoyable. A mix of lamb and chicken, I also got a side of chips which were cooked perfect.
The chicken was the highlight for me, I could have eaten another 2 portions haha!
It won't be very long before I return to the blue sari with my other half! Keep up the good work guys!!

2  Thank James K
Reviewed 18 January 2018

I needed a place to escape to after losing my Mum and having two days sorting out her possessions. I had spotted the Blue Sari when I used to take Mum out for a drive, so I took my son on the first night and my sister on the second.

I really enjoyed the meal, they even cooked chicken pakora's for me :-), the atmosphere was nice and I found the staff really pleasant. It wasn't busy, but midweek in January, where is!

I hope to go again really soon.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Service was fine, picked up my food at time agreed all was good.

Arrived home with the food after a 5 minute drive, the food was cold.
The vindaloo was more like a mild madras and was very watery/bland. Rubbery/gristly lamb.

It’s a shame because we’ve eaten here before, more than once and the food was always really good. Bit pricey but always worth it.

I don’t know what happened tonight but we won’t be using the blue sari again.

1  Thank johnprice420
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

The title is a little misleading as I do know why I gave it another try, because standard of curry in the Clacton area is so low!

I went back and had a beef madras, and as on other occasions was given what can best be described as a standard brownish slop which was re-purposed with an ever so slightly different spice mix. I can say this as the slop was barely indistinguishable from the other dish ordered; a lamb dopiazza.

Do yourselves a favour, just head down to Tesco’s and buy one of their finest Indian microwave meals. They’re far closer, and I would argue more flavourful, then anything that can be found being sold as curry in the Clacton area.

5  Thank stumpymonkey