All reviews good size executive room town centre sky tv coffee machine sat nav comfortable bed one night stay train station would stay again restaurant staff reception area cooked breakfast no air con saturday night good nights sleep gym
Reviewed 23 May 2015

We were looking for somewhere to stay the night in Chelmsford on a business trip and pulled up outside this hotel. I agree with previous reviewers - it looked very dated from the outside but decided to take a look inside - after all it was only one night! To our great surprise the inside is very deceptive. Our room was on the ground floor and although it was 'no frills' and basic it had everything you could need for a good night's sleep. Huge, comfortable bed, clean bathroom, wifi etc. We had dinner in the hotel's restaurant which was really superb. We would return just for the food!! The restaurant staff were very friendly and likewise breakfast was excellent with huge portions for cooked breakfast. . We would recommend!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank CarolineMidlands
Reviewed 20 May 2015

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Reviewed 16 May 2015 via mobile

Had a lovely stay on a bank holiday.
Room was spacious and clean and offered everything that we needed.
Visited the Sapori for some deserts (we had eaten in the town) and had the chocolate fondant, strawberry cheesecake and a cheese board, was very nice and left us very full!
Hotel is very close to the town center and within walking distance.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2015

I have stayed here twice in the past year as it is very well positioned for a night out, it's clean, modern and comfortable. Excellent buffet breakfast, reception staff are courteous and I was remembered on my second visit even though it was a good 6 months later. Rooms are perfectly well equipped, although the lighting is a bit dull for putting your make up on! Beds comfy, bathroom clean and modern, rooms small but fine for one night and for the price. Only downside is no lift so have to carry bags up the stairs.

Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank jel148
Reviewed 9 May 2015

Have used this occasionally over the last 18 months, it had become the local favourite. I'd still recommend the restaurant if you have a Tastecard. The previous time they kept the front doors locked due to lack of staff and we had to be asked to be let in and out. This time they cancelled my room at short notice, due to an error in my credit card information, despite it being stored in my Best Western account, leaving me without a room, and by the time I picked up the email they only had expensive rooms left. I just don't get the feeling they care about my experience as a customer.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ricardo S, General Manager at Best Western Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2015

Dear Kevin J

Many thanks for submitting your review on Tripadvisor, with your feedback we are able to improve both product and service.

The reservation that you made via BW Central Reservations on-line booking system, was an advance purchase booking that required that your card be debited immediately (per the terms and conditions linked with the rate).
The team tried to contact you via the telephone number provided on your booking (which when dialled we were informed the number was not recognised), then the team tried via the email address on the 5th May 2015, to validate your booking, card details need to be confirmed and payment taken, until the team are able to do this the booking is not guaranteed. As there was no response to the email by the day prior, the team re-emailed informing you that unfortunately as we were unable to process your card via the T&C’s set by the site, the booking had cancelled.
You contacted the hotel by phone on 9th May (the day your booking was for) confirming you had just received the email, you asked for reception to repeat the contact number they had and you verified it was your old phone number, you then hung up on the receptionist not giving them the opportunity to offer to re-instate your booking, by verifying your card details.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss your stay any further.

Kind Regards,