“Bouncers”
Review of Walkabout

Walkabout
Ranked #301 of 390 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Just saw one of the bouncers throw a young woman much smaller than him to the ground, don’t know the context but absolutely ridiculous treatment of a customer no matter what, she was very upset and confused afterwards

Victoria R, Guest Relations Manager at Walkabout, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Charlie O,

We take matters like this extremely seriously and would like to gather some more information about the incident that you witnessed.

Our door staff are professionally trained and fully qualified and this is incident is not something that our company will tolerate.

Please can you call us on 01245 806533 or email Walkabout.Chelmsford@stonegatepubs.com so we can ask you some questions and hopefully resolve this matter.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Absolutely horrible rude obnoxious staff, felt like everything was a huge inconvenience for them! Walked out before I even completed my order

Victoria R, Front Office Manager at Walkabout, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Jenellabellacole,

I am sorry to hear that your experience did not deliver the high standards of customer service that we endeavour to deliver to each and every guest that visits our venue.

We would like to get in touch to discuss your visit further and restore your faith in our brand.

Please can you email further information about your visit including the date and time, along with any additional information you would like to provide to Bookings.WBChelmsford@stonegatepubs.com

We look forward to hearing from you so we can get this resolved as soon as possible.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Went there last night and after 5 minutes of no staff went round back and shouted where 3 staff just stood talking.they came out to serve but still continued talking to their friends while showing minimal attention whilst serving me.I gave her a £20 and she only gave me change for £10.I told her and she went to till to get my missing £10 and was still talking to her friend whilst doing that.no tip for her.

Hi Barbra K,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that your experience did not meet the usual high standards that we strive to deliver to each and every guest at Walkabout.

I have raised these issues with our team to ensure that this does not happen again. I can assure you that this is not a standard occurrence within our customer service.

I hope that you will join us again in the near future so we can restore your faith within our brand.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

Went to this venue on a Thursday night recently. Door staff were awful, very rude. The venue was advertised as being open until 2am, however we were asked to leave at 1am as they had decided to close early! Staff were also rude and the whole atmosphere was awful. Will not go there again for drinks or food. They also need to check the ages of the customers as I saw quite a lot of underage teenagers in there.

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

We go hear quite regularly and its usually very enjoyable. The staff are friendly and they have a good selection of drinks. The food is quite good but the dishes all come out at different times today my friend had long finished by the time my food arrived. The only thing that really puts me off the place is the toilet attendant. He is very overbearing, tuts and scowls when you don't put money in his bowl. I had no change the other day so i gave him 5 quid and told him to give me back 4 but he gave me a ton of small change thinking that i cant add up to £3, i havent given him any change since and just had to put up with his uncomfortable looks although it is very off putting. If not for this i think this could be a great place.

Victoria R, Manager at Walkabout, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Hi tomcof,

Thank you for your kind reviews about our venue. We have taken your comments on board and will be reviewing certain aspects of your visit to ensure that this does not happen again in the future.

We hope to see you again soon!

Many thanks,