I booked a twin room for my father and I as a belated birthday treat as he grew up in Brentwood, I thought it would be nice to visit. I looked at holiday inn online and discovered that the prices were very similar and Marygreen Manor looked far, far nicer.
Despite there being no vacancies online, I called, the receptionist was very helpful and found me a room. A few days later I decided to add on an afternoon tea to our booking and again despite being fully booked and at late notice, they were able to squeeze us in.
We arrived to check in and were pleased to see there was plenty of free parking, the hotel looked lovely from the front & when we got into the reception we were delighted at how nice the hotel was inside. The receptionists were polite and efficient, although we were early, our room was ready, we checked into our nice clean room then headed into town, the taxi was called for us by reception too. When we returned we decided to move forward our tea, again the staff were happy to help. We were seated in the conservatory, there was a fantastic atmosphere and the freshly baked scones and delicious cakes and sandwiches didn't disappoint. We opted for the champagne option, the bubbly was of good quality and finished the experience off nicely.
Later on we had a couple of drinks in the lounge area, there was table service and we were provided with some lovely nibbles of olives and pretzels to enjoy with our (Very reasonably priced) drinks. The other guests very friendly and we felt very comfortable to be there.
Breakfast was great, hot options, pastries, cheese, ham, fruits juices and breads. Very good value for money.
Check out was quick and efficient. All in all I very much enjoyed my stay and have already booked for a return visit.
If you want a good value, high quality venue I recommend staying here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marygreen Manor Hotel is a fine example of early sixteenth-century architecture in Brentwood, Essex. Beautifully presented and centrally located, just minutes from M25/J28, with easy access to London & the Home Counties. Our Tudor Manor House offers a variety of accommodation from Luxurious 4 Poster Tudor Suites to our Delightful Courtyard Garden Rooms. Marygreen Manor is also home to the 2AA Rosette Tudors Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC and Odigeo so you can book your Marygreen Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marygreen Manor Brentwood
- Marygreen Manor Hotel Brentwood, UK - Essex