“A very warm welcome form the staff, log fires and great atmosphere!”

Marygreen Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Brentwood
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I booked a twin room for my father and I as a belated birthday treat as he grew up in Brentwood, I thought it would be nice to visit. I looked at holiday inn online and discovered that the prices were very similar and Marygreen Manor looked far, far nicer.
Despite there being no vacancies online, I called, the receptionist was very helpful and found me a room. A few days later I decided to add on an afternoon tea to our booking and again despite being fully booked and at late notice, they were able to squeeze us in.
We arrived to check in and were pleased to see there was plenty of free parking, the hotel looked lovely from the front & when we got into the reception we were delighted at how nice the hotel was inside. The receptionists were polite and efficient, although we were early, our room was ready, we checked into our nice clean room then headed into town, the taxi was called for us by reception too. When we returned we decided to move forward our tea, again the staff were happy to help. We were seated in the conservatory, there was a fantastic atmosphere and the freshly baked scones and delicious cakes and sandwiches didn't disappoint. We opted for the champagne option, the bubbly was of good quality and finished the experience off nicely.
Later on we had a couple of drinks in the lounge area, there was table service and we were provided with some lovely nibbles of olives and pretzels to enjoy with our (Very reasonably priced) drinks. The other guests very friendly and we felt very comfortable to be there.
Breakfast was great, hot options, pastries, cheese, ham, fruits juices and breads. Very good value for money.
Check out was quick and efficient. All in all I very much enjoyed my stay and have already booked for a return visit.
If you want a good value, high quality venue I recommend staying here!

Room Tip: Go for a room with windows: ours only had skylights, a little claustraphobic!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,057)

Reviewed 10 February 2012

We held our wedding at Marygreen in their Samuel Pepys room which was ideal for our party of 15. We were not staying there overnight but were given a complimentary bedroom to change clothes which was much appreciated. The staff were very pleasant, helpful and attentive. We were allocated a private area of the bar/conservatory whilst waiting for the SP room to be reset for our meal. Food was excellent. No hesitation in recommending Marygreen to others.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Janette503773
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I booked three rooms at the Marygreen Manor Hotel as part of their winter deal for my birthday get-together. We paid £69.50 per person…Outstanding value with friendly, very helpful and polite staff...Was also given free room upgrade! The whole party commented on how delicious the food was. Thank you Marygreen Manor. :-)

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dear_Beki
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I was booked to stay in the Marygreen Manor Hotel with a group of colleagues and upon arrival was informed there had been an error in their booking system and that they did not have a room for me and that they had booked me a hotel near by.
This meant that I was seperated from my colleagues, I had the inconvenience of finding the other hotel and it also meant that I would end up paying more as they expected me to pay the Marygreen Manor Hotel rate instead of the rate I would have paid if I booked directly with the other hotel.
The level of customer service I experienced from the night manager and the booking in staff was very poor, they could not answer any of the questions I asked and on entering the postcode into my satnav to locate the other hotel which I had had to request from them found out it was quite some distance away and not close by as they had stated.
I then had to book into the other hotel and then drive back to my colleagues to meet up with them in doing so I walked past the night manager and although he acknowledged me I was so annoyed with the experience that I informed him the other hotel had sorted out his issues. I then proceeded to the bar where he could quite easily had offered me a drink for the inconvenience but I received no further attention.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Ronald T
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We booked the Marygreen Manor for our very small and informal wedding in January.
The wedding was a surprise to our guests who thought they were coming to my husband's birthday lunch. The staff were completely accommodating and helped us get the guests to the wedding room without letting on!
We had lunch in the restaurant which we had chosen instead of having use of a separate function room. Although from the normal menu from that day, the food was delicious and beautifully presented. The staff were polite and attentive.
We enjoyed coffees and drinks after lunch in front of a lovely log fire in a separate area that was allocated for our use only.
We stayed in a gorgeous room that night in the hotel extension with everything you could need.
Overall we were delighted with the experience. All staff were helpful and understanding of our needs and the service was excellent. We would strongly recommend Marygreen for a meal, a stay or as a wedding venue

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brentwood
2.7 km away
12.8 km away
Best Western Ivy Hill Hotel
Best Western Ivy Hill Hotel
#1 of 1 in Margaretting

Been to Marygreen Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!