All reviews golf break golf society leisure facilities round of golf great golf swimming pool patio doors travelzoo deal cream tea pro shop two courses lovely hotel bar menu course evening meal superior room lounge bar relaxing stay
Reviewed 1 December 2015

How is this possible, you ask? The question is, what do you want from a golf day? Mine includes golf, a swim, a sauna, a workout and some food. Same for my kids.

My two kids love golf. A bucket of balls in this beautiful relaxed club is £2.

Go crazy. 2 buckets apiece will set you back £12 in total. That will keep 'em going for an hour, easy.

On to the putting green for a putting tournament. Total cost for 3: Free

Afterwards, a dip in the pool maybe? Adult cost: £8, kids under 16: £4 apiece. Total swim cost for me and the guys: £16. You can also fit a workout and a sauna in at no extra charge.

Want to push the boat out? Head upstairs to the restaurant on the veranda for a sandwich and a beer or sodas for the kids. In the summer, the view on the outside balcony is awesome, overlooking the 18th.

Budget in £50 for lunch. Total cost for an absolutely full day in the beautiful East Sussex countryside at a 5 star Golf Club: £72

'Nuff said.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Carl R, General Manager at Dale Hill Hotel and Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2015

I don't think I could have written a better review. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back for another day out.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 17 November 2015 via mobile

A mate and I played both courses here in November. Atrocious wet weather on the Saturday but the old course played well and was in good condition although some greens were waterlogged! Staff in pro shop helpful and friendly .

Room in hotel was very good and very big . Great view of the course. Dinner was nice and included in the price we paid .

Sunday morning we played the woosnam course , was the better course of the two. Not sure if my view distorted by the fact it was not raining hard.

Would Defo go back , be great to play in the Summertime! Was really good value

Thanks for a good weekend

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends

Thank you for the review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the experience even in trying weather conditions. We do hope you will return for another visit in the summer.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 21 October 2015

We had an excellent weekend at this venue. The golf course is interesting and not too difficult and was in reasonable condition.
The hotel exceeded our expectations. Rooms were of a very high standard and very clean. The food was excellent and all of the staff were very helpful & efficient.
Thoroughly recommend this venue for a short golfing break.

Room Tip: I think all rooms were of the same high standard
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Carl R, General Manager at Dale Hill Hotel and Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2015

Thank you for your comments, they are appreciated and a 5 star rating is fantastic.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 21 October 2015

This was our second visit for a two day golf break. Have to say our room on this stay was on the small side(but adequate) but not as nice as the larger one we had last time.

We received a nice welcome at the pro shop on arrival with the young man being chatty and helpful.

We played the Woosenham course and found it to be in good condition and a really nice golf challenge. Good tee boxes, fairways and greens.

On 'checking in' the young lady receptionist was cheerful, helpful and welcoming.

Nice guy in the bar where we had a pre dinner drink - our order taken and we were collected and escorted to dinning room when our food was ready. Food was great, really great. A golf society of 24 men were also dining, they were a little boisterous and waiting staff and restaurant manager were anxious they may spoil our meal. They were fine (unlike as we were to find out later, their golf) but it was nice they were concerned to check we were okay. Nice waiting staff.

Breakfast was super with lots of coffee and a nicely served full 'Sussex'

Check out painless and then to finish another round on the Woosenham.

I realise what I say next may sound critical of Dale Hill but in the real world it is hard for them to do much about it. We were the next pair to tee off after the aforementioned golf society (the Sax golf society to name names) so be warned. I know golf societies attract a wide range of golfing ability but nothing prepared me for this. My partner and I can play to a pretty good standard and was frustrated to be stuck behind men who more often than not were taking two, three and sometimes four shots to even reach the ladies tee on some holes. They knew no embarrassment in their stupid orange trousers and silly caps. Perhaps some of the money they spent on clothing would have been better spent on golf lessons. I cannot see what enjoyment they got and they certainly ruined our round of golf. Its a shame the course marshal didn't take some action. My word of warning - if booking make sure the SAX GOLF SOCIETY is not booked at the same time.

Notwithstanding my comments - we had a great time and will look to visit again. Great golf and food.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the review. It is good to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with with us.

The party of guests you mention had been checked fairly regularly by the marshals the day before and there pace of play was absolutely fine. The 'Woosie' course that day was busy all day with members and a society out ahead of the Sax party as well as yourselves and other members and visitors out in the afternoon so there was not much space to move people around. If it were possible we would have done so.

I am glad though that this did not take any luster away from your overall experience and I am glad we will be seeing you back for another break in the not too distant future.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 19 October 2015

Two great golf courses both in top condition
Rooms were great and very spacious
Food in restaurant was of a very high standard
Best value for money golf weekend we have done,every member of the group could not find a single thing to complain about
Highly recommended

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends

Thank you for the reviews, it makes for great reading. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, hope to welcome you back soon.

Regards