All reviews fish and chip van on site across the road great campsite shower block shingle beach dog friendly beach hard standing caravan club site railway line table tennis games room bit dated camper van quiet road recreation room star inn
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Our first camping (tent) holiday was a great success. We're new members and camping newcomers. We've doggies and a daughter and we were very excited about how it would be.
In the end: we will definitely do it again and also again on this wonderful campsite.
The staff was very friendly and helpful and all the campers were respectful and considerate, making this a wonderful, relaxing experience.
Everybody liked the dog friendly beach, 10 seconds walk from the campsite. The beaches were relatively quiet, even on a very hot sunny Bank holiday.
Nearby are many things to do and to see, both: historical and wonderful nature.
A number of restaurants and pubs are a short drive away. For the lazy: there is a Fish and Chips Shop on the campsite and an ice cream van each evening.
See you next year, guys!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2017

We were fortunate that the sun appeared all weekend. The location is ideal for the shingle beach, but I guess it could be very exposed in bad weather. The site is nicely kept and facilities kept up to the usual Camping and Caravan club standards. The staff were very friendly to us. Our pitch was nice a quiet although, the site is sandwiched between the minor coast road and railway line. There are lots of things to do in the area and a nice pub / restaurant just up the road if the fancy a change from BBQ's

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Arrived friday afternoon and checked in easily, we were escorted onto site by very friendly employee. We were given a choice of where we would like to pitch, we decided on a small quite area at the far end of the site behind the games room. We felt tucked away and although very close to buildings we were not disturbed by other campers. Be aware though that this particular spot is just the other side of the road. This is not a very busy road but the cars that do pass are very close. (It really didn't bother us). On the other side of the camp site is the railway line, not very close but you can hear the trains, again though these didn't bother us. Toilet facilities clean with plenty of hot water and we didn't have to queue at all. Very small site shop. Bonus was the on site fish and chip van which opens in the evening, serving very nice food. The beach is very close to the site, very quite as no public car park close by and the water was clean. We walked along the beach for dinner at the moorings. Cheap and good food although buildings could do with updating. Would definitely visit this camp site again.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Jcharper88
Reviewed 30 August 2017

I went here with my friend and our daughters who are 5 yrs old. On arrival the staff were very friendly and we were promptly shown to our pitch. The staff member who guided us looked in the car to see we had young children and so placed us right next to the playground, which was really perfect. It meant the girls could play all day long in the park and we were right next to them sat outside our tent.
The Site was very clean. The wash rooms/ toilets were also very clean with warm showers.
The site is right on the beach which is just ideal for a relaxing stay, meaning you dont have to leave the site if you dont want to.
There was a great fish and chip van that was open from 5pm till 9pm at the end of the week. I think wednesday to saturday.
This is an ideal place to visit if you don't mind the noise from the sheep in the next field and also the train which ran just behind the site. The train is quite loud and regularly goes past, even early hours of the morning.
Due to its location it can also be breezy.
None of the above bothered me and we all had a thoroughly good time. I will no doubt visit this site again, maybe next year.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed over the bank holiday weekend , it's a nice simple camp site with clean toilets and showers.

Close to the beach and there is a lovely pub within walking distance.

There are lots of rules at the camp site including no ball games etc but the beach is fine for these activities.

Don't believe the comments about nice sandy beach as it's 100% shingle, but it's well kept .

My one massive complaint is the aggressive nature of the 2 owners, we had misread the brochure about fires and had 1 small piece of log in our fire pit, the male owner came over and demanded we take it out immediately , which was not a problem as I understood where he was coming from, even though we had done the same for the last 2 nights with no complaints.

I mentioned this to him and he just had a go at me , just felt he could have been much more polite about things , and maybe not smelling heavily of alcohol.

He did say we could put coals on and light those , which we did, within 10 mins his delightful wife came over barking and shouting at us, in front of my 2 young children , to put it out immediately as it was blowing smoke into her caravan, I immediately said ok will put it out then, so again no arguments from me, she then ranted at me for another few mins about putting it out and she didn't like the smoke.

My main complaint is both owners could have come across in a much nicer way and the situation would have been resolved in a nice peaceful way, but they were so rude and aggressive I will never stay here again.

Lovely quiet site but ruined by the rude and arrogant manner of the so called owners

Trip type: Travelled with family