“Lovely cottage, perfect location”
other travellers have booked this property
Loom Cottage (far side)  Weavers is next door, nearside. Garage for 'Loom' is further down the lane.
Loom Cottage (far side) in  Spinners Lane.  These are the 1st cottages on the right as you enter.   Loom/access to rear entrance via wrought iron gate (on right).
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Loom/access to rear entrance via wrought iron gate (on right).
Wifi, Blu ray DVD player, 40in flat screen TV, great (up to date) films and books, plus games.
Comfy front room. Leather John Lewis sofas.
Loom Fireplace, Loads of quality books/games available.
3 Seater Sofa Bed, 2 seater sofa, armchair, footstool. Seats 7.
Home from home, tasteful décor. Quirky touches everywhere.40 ins TV, great DVDs!
Bathroom on the right of hallway, kichen/diner at rear. Stable door leads to back yard.
Hallway leading to kitchen/diner
Downstairs Bathroom with power shower over bath, shower switch in hallway. Shower switch in hallway.
Kitchen/Diner   Seating for 4. Stable door to back yard/ outdoor seating. Have breakfast outside!
Well stocked kitchen/diner. Electric touch control hob/ electric oven/ washer/dryer. Ample crockery.
Kitchen/Diner, stable door table and chairs outside
Have breakfast outside! Exit kitchen through stable door, sit in back yard
Stairs from kitchen leading to bedroom, enclosed, handrail, 10 stairs only.
Double Bedroom,  Comfy bed, cotton bedlinen, tranquil setting = a good nights' sleep!
Double bedroom, ample space
Cosy....
Twin Bedroom, comfy mattresses, headboards, 2 side lamps, quality cotton bedding.
Cosy and homely 2nd bedroom, entered via landing from stairs (not steep) with handrail.
Weekly stay Christmas/New Year Hamper
Short Stay (min 3 days) hamper for Christmas/New Year period. Lovely decorations also!
Lovely Christmas decorations in Loom.
Past Blyth Hotel, straight on past Crick Court,  shops (other side). 300m to Spinners Lane turning.
Turn right at John Bennetts Shop into Spinners Lane. Marks Fish + Chip Shop is further on the left.
The far end of Spinners Lane leads to nearby S-wold Common,  where there is additional free parking.
The garage is clearly marked, about halfway straight down The Lane, a few metres from Loom Cottage.
You are here! The first cottages you will see on the right in the lane! Watch the world go by...
Award winning Southwold Pier, see the quirky amusements, try the putting green, or the boating lake.
Take a Lighthouse Tour! See the inland (still in operation) lighthouse.
Gun Hill, famed for its' role in 'The Battle of Sole Bay..
Near the Pier, early evening.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Smartell
Essex, United Kingdom
“Lovely cottage, perfect location”
Reviewed 13 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015
person found this review helpful

This cottage is in a perfect spot, very quiet side street right next to the common, with the shops and beach only a few minutes walk away. The cottage is very clean, warm and well equipped, including nice details like wi-fi, toiletries and up-to-date DVDs. The owner sent us lots of useful information on the cottage and local area before we arrived, another nice touch. We would be more than happy to stay here again.

13 Jan 2015
Thank you so much! A lovely, concise review. Glad you had a good time, we would love to see you again! The little details are so important, and again, so pleased you appreciated the 'nice touches'. I love it when our guests feel at home, hence up to date DVDs and a good selection of books! Thank you for these kind words, and for being such lovely guests.
Lauraaw89
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Cosy Cottage In Excellent Location - Thoroughly Recommended”
Reviewed 12 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014

Spent a wonderful two nights at Loom Cottage in early December for a last minute getaway. The cottage is in a great location, right at the top of the High Street and near to the common but tucked away from the main road in a private little cul de sac. It's also less than a minute from the main bus stop which has a direct bus to Halesworth station - handy if travelling by train as we did. Unless you plan to explore the wider area a car is not necessary due to great location.
The cottage was extremely homely, welcoming and cosy (the Christmas decorations were a lovely added extra) and very well equipped. Great selection of DVDs, free wifi and all kitchen utensils and cookware. The place was spotlessly clean and great value for money, I would thoroughly recommend Loom Cottage to anyone and would happily return in the future.
Although we didn't bring one, dogs were welcome which is a bonus.
If I'm being picky the only negatives were that the shower was a bit awkwardly placed on the sloping end of the bath which made washing hair a tad awkward, but the bath was great so not a big deal. Also towels weren't provided - as we were travelling light for 2 nights these were a little cumbersome to bring with us but it wasn't a big issue as we were informed in advance. Kerry, the owner also provided lots of other thorough information about the cottage and the area before our stay which was appreciated. Excellent communication and speedy return of cleaning deposit.
Thanks for a fantastic stay!

Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
14 Dec 2014
Well, thank you so much for this informative review. It's lovely to know that you would happily return, and thank you for such positive feedback! We would love to welcome you again!
It's a good point about the cottage being handy for the bus stop, and we are so glad our guests love the location as we think it's perfect!
Hmm...we have actually provided towels when specially requested previously and if we'd have known about the special(travelling light) circumstances in this instance, we would have. We have certainly provided them when customers have been in dire straits (left them at home) and not charged for the service. However, people normally are quite happy to bring their own towels and you would be surprised what some people do with the towels when provided (think dogs/tanning lotion/sand/mud/make up etc)! My housekeeper has specifically asked me not to provide towels on a regular basis!Also, I haven't put my short break charges up for over 2 years, and a good cleaning service/laundry etc prove very expensive, and the additional cost would have to be a consideration.
We've always found the shower fine,and I wash my hair without issue. However, I'm always looking for ways to improve so your comments are welcome! However, in case anybody is getting confused, the bath is not sloping, it is perfectly flat!
Southwold is now an 'all year round' destination and lots of our visitors enjoy early/end of year trips. As you said, these can be good value for money and really worthwhile! A couple (or more) of nights by the seaside can be such a welcome tonic!
Thank you again for such a fantastic review! It is a joy to be thoroughly recommended by yourself! Hoorah!
Merlinman
NW Leics UK
“Just perfect!”
Reviewed 13 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014

Second (longer) visit to this charming, well appointed and equipped cottage in Southwold. Perfectly located for the town and coast, with easy access for dog walking on the common.
Our arrangements were made directly with Kerry the owner and it was great call by the property yesterday and meet her in person!
She is the most efficient and caring owner you could ever wish to meet.
We found everything in Loom Cottage totally to our liking. Having use of the garage for car and bike was a bonus.
Spotlessly clean, cosy and so very well equipped, we'd recommend it without reservation.
We are long term Southwold visitors, with family connections to this beautiful unspoilt area.

Liked best: Cottage & location
Liked least: Nothing really
Your age range 65+
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
18 Nov 2014
I was very happy to meet this lovely visitor who came to actually say 'hello and thanks' to me personally whilst I was in Southwold! What a lovely gesture! I would like to say that I really appreciate this review and such high praise as well, plus I enjoyed all the banter between us!It's great to meet a fellow Southwold lover and I can only say that my visitors deserve an award for 'best cottage visitors in Southwold.'It certainly is a great compliment to say that I'm caring, and I must say it's true so far as I do really do my best to provide a good service and to deliver the best possible holiday experience! If the guests are happy, then so am I! Thank you so much and hopefully we'll see you again in the not so distant future!
lindyloo7...
West Malling, United Kingdom
“Wonderful cottage in perfect location!”
Reviewed 2 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014

We loved our stay in Loom Cottage. Right from when we booked we knew our stay was going to be great because Kerry , the owner, was so prompt with our enquiry and had such a friendly manner. We love visiting Southwold and staying there was brilliant. We parked the car in the garage at Loom Cottage and went everywhere on foot. Lovely walks along the beach , to the harbour and many stops for a beer and food, not to mention numerous shops to peruse! Loom cottage was a lovely base - extremely warm, cosy and well equipped. We had a great stay- thanks.

Liked best: location
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
6 Nov 2014
Thank you so much for this review and for these lovely comments! I'm so pleased that you were happy with the whole experience. It's easy to be friendly when dealing with such nice people, but I really appreciate the fact that you mentioned I was prompt!I like to try everything I can to contribute to the whole holiday feeling, even if it's just paying attention to the small things that might make life easier! I am very happy you had a great time, and your review has really put a smile on my face! We'd love to see you again sometime and I must say that I do agree with your header, the cottage really is in the perfect location ! Thank you, you have made my day!
ShirleyCo...
Bromley, United Kingdom
“2nd visit and just as wonderful!”
Reviewed 22 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014

We stayed for a week the 2nd year running at Loom Cottage and it was just as wonderful as before. It really felt like coming home. The cottage was immaculately presented and very clean and tidy. As soon as we arrived my husband announced that he wants to go again next year! The cottage is in a very quiet location with ZERO traffic noise - the only thing that wakes you up in the morning are the seagulls and to be honest, after the hustle and bustle of London that's a nice wake-up call! For more information on the cottage and location see my previous review - I really can't fault it.

This year we found the Lord Nelson pub - the food there is wonderful! It's only a small pub so can get a little rammed but well worth the wait for food. We also went to Sutherland House to celebrate my husband's birthday - it was a wonderful evening. It's a little on the pricey side in comparison to the pubs, but good value in comparison to restaurants of the same quality in London.

I can't recommend Loom cottage and Southwold enough - the only problem is I never want to leave!

Thank you Kerry and we look forward to another visit same time next year!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The personal touches and excellent DVD and book selection!
Liked least: Leaving :0(
23 Sep 2014
Gosh, thank you! I am truly grateful for such a stomping review, (this lovely couple have fallen in love with Southwold, just as I did)! It's great that this time you both tried The Nelson (won Evening Standard Best Pub Award a few years back) and Sutherland House, which is a great place to go for a special evening!
I am so happy Loom Cottage has come up trumps for you both, it is my absolute pleasure to share this happy place with you!
Thank you so much both of you!I'm already looking forward to your next visit!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
USD 100
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing