“Wonderful stay at Loom Cottage”
other travellers have booked this property
Loom Cottage (far side)  Weavers is next door, nearside. Garage for 'Loom' is further down the lane.
Loom Cottage (far side) in  Spinners Lane.  These are the 1st cottages on the right as you enter.   Loom/access to rear entrance via wrought iron gate (on right).
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Loom/access to rear entrance via wrought iron gate (on right).
Wifi, Blu ray DVD player, 40in flat screen TV, great (up to date) films and books, plus games.
Comfy front room. Leather John Lewis sofas.
Loom Fireplace, Loads of quality books/games available.
3 Seater Sofa Bed, 2 seater sofa, armchair, footstool. Seats 7.
Home from home, tasteful décor. Quirky touches everywhere.40 ins TV, great DVDs!
Bathroom on the right of hallway, kichen/diner at rear. Stable door leads to back yard.
Hallway leading to kitchen/diner
Downstairs Bathroom with power shower over bath, shower switch in hallway. Shower switch in hallway.
Kitchen/Diner   Seating for 4. Stable door to back yard/ outdoor seating. Have breakfast outside!
Well stocked kitchen/diner. Electric touch control hob/ electric oven/ washer/dryer. Ample crockery.
Kitchen/Diner, stable door table and chairs outside
Have breakfast outside! Exit kitchen through stable door, sit in back yard
Stairs from kitchen leading to bedroom, enclosed, handrail, 10 stairs only.
Double Bedroom,  Comfy bed, cotton bedlinen, tranquil setting = a good nights' sleep!
Double bedroom, ample space
Cosy....
Twin Bedroom, comfy mattresses, headboards, 2 side lamps, quality cotton bedding.
Cosy and homely 2nd bedroom, entered via landing from stairs (not steep) with handrail.
Weekly stay Christmas/New Year Hamper
Short Stay (min 3 days) hamper for Christmas/New Year period. Lovely decorations also!
Lovely Christmas decorations in Loom.
Past Blyth Hotel, straight on past Crick Court,  shops (other side). 300m to Spinners Lane turning.
Turn right at John Bennetts Shop into Spinners Lane. Marks Fish + Chip Shop is further on the left.
The far end of Spinners Lane leads to nearby S-wold Common,  where there is additional free parking.
The garage is clearly marked, about halfway straight down The Lane, a few metres from Loom Cottage.
You are here! The first cottages you will see on the right in the lane! Watch the world go by...
Award winning Southwold Pier, see the quirky amusements, try the putting green, or the boating lake.
Take a Lighthouse Tour! See the inland (still in operation) lighthouse.
Gun Hill, famed for its' role in 'The Battle of Sole Bay..
Near the Pier, early evening.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 52 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Frank A
“Wonderful stay at Loom Cottage”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

My wife and I and our labradoodle puppy stayed in the most glorious July week in Loom Cottage. The cottage was clean and ready for us on arrival with many nice touches, like washing up liquid, salt and pepper etc all available. We rarely used the car, and because its big didn't park on the lane but used the Common which was no problem.

The shops and delis are wonderful and diverted our plans to cook, check out the Black Olive deli for salads and adventurous pies and Scotch eggs and the Smokehouse at the harbour for great seafood.

We walked, sat on the beach and on the front and generally enjoyed the cottage and ambiance of Southwold. Great property, great location and wonderful holiday!

30 Jul 2014
Thanks so much for this review, so glad you all enjoyed yourselves! It's great that The Black Olive Deli(on The High Street) & The Smokehouse (near the harbour) get a mention, as they are really good additions to Southwold. The Adnams Shop also stocks a great selection of beers/ales to wash down all the yummy food! I'm hoping to see you again sometime, and thank you for the lovely comments, it is fantastic to hear that you had a wonderful stay, and I'm really happy the sun stayed out! Hoorah!
7TraceyH7
Stansted, United Kingdom
“Lovely Loom”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Loom Cottage is quite small but perfectly formed! It's homely, comfortable, warm and extremely well equipped. We certainly found everything we needed in the kitchen and made use of the excellent DVD collection in the evenings.
As for the location - it couldn't be better. The lane is very quiet, yet just a minute or two from the High Street and right on the doorstep of Southwold Common (which our cocker spaniel particularly appreciated!)
Kerry is very helpful and informative. All in all, a great place to stay.

29 Apr 2014
Thank you so much for this brilliant review, it's says everything in a brief statement. So very glad you all enjoyed your stay, and I am so happy you loved the location and Loom Cottage. I really do think the location is ideal for anybody because it is so near to everything but very private. We love it because it's just so restful and handy for the common and lovely walks...as you said, perfect for our four legged friends! I'm always updating the DVD collection, so I'm glad it was useful and thanks so much for mentioning it.I would love to see you all again sometime, and thanks again for these kind words! Loving the title as well!! I must say I am so fortunate to have so many lovely customers!!!
Peter R
Hitchin, United Kingdom
“Peter, Janet and Brook (the dog!)”
Reviewed 6 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014

We wanted to say thank you to Kerry for a wonderful few days here. The cottage is delightful and so welcoming when you walk through the door. Despite the February weather being cold and windy, we were snug and warm here! There are so many nice touches and the cottage is so amazingly well equipped. A lot of thought and effort has gone into making this a delightful home-from-home holiday cottage. It is a great base to explore beautiful Southwold being so central to the town but at the same time, is so quiet and peaceful being situated in a quiet no through road only 50 yards from the common (The latter is great for popping the dog out last thing at night!).
So much to enjoy here in Southwold without having to get the car out. (Garage parking comes as part of the package by the way). Lots of great shops, pubs and restaurants all a short stroll away. Do visit The Lord Nelson on the sea front. A 'real pub' that has great views, great atmosphere (really buzzy) and of course, fabulous food and drink.
The surrounding area has some great walks and you should do the one to lovely Walberswick across the river. Stop at The Harbour Inn at Blackshore on the way for fantastic fish and chips!
We loved Loom Cottage and and did not want to go home. Hopefully we will be back to the cottage and this lovely part of Suffolk that we have become so fond of over the years.

P.S. Cannot fault Kerry for excellent communication and commitment to making your stay so pleasurable and relaxing . It was a pleasure to meet you there also. Thank you once again for all your thought and kindness.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything!
Liked least: The weather at times!
Recommended for:
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
7 Mar 2014
I had the pleasure of meeting Peter, Janet and Brook and I'm so glad they enjoyed their stay. I am very pleased that the communication/booking process got a mention as I do like to provide an efficient service! We really want people to feel at home and enjoy their holiday, and it makes my day to receive such positive feedback. Brook was very well behaved and didn't seem too bothered about the weather, he still got lots of walkies! It's fantastic to get such a great review, and I would be delighted to welcome these lovely people (and of course, Brook) again! I do agree about 'The Nelson' it's really popular and very traditional.
Paul G
Worksop
“Jackie, Paul, Katie, Terri and Harry”
Reviewed 19 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014
person found this review helpful

Just home from this cottage and loved it, has everything you could possibly want. For this time of year cottage was warm and cosy, but summer would be just as good. Location brilliant and Southwold wonderful. For dogs perfect place to visit Harry had wonderful time. If you want to visit Southwold I could not recommend this cottage highly enough and you would certainly not be disappointed!! Excellent service from owner - thank you

21 Feb 2014
Well, Jackie, Paul, Katie, Terri (and of course, Harry!)I am delighted you all enjoyed yourselves so much! If you're happy, I'm happy! Yes, I know that sounds cheesy, but it's true! It would be great to see you all again sometime, and this review highlights the fact that Southwold is great at any time of year. Thank you for all your kind words, and have a great 2014! P.S I can't wait; nearly time for my next visit!
ShirleyCo...
Bromley, United Kingdom
“One of the best holidays ever - wonderful cottage!”
Reviewed 11 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013

Myself and my husband stayed at Loom Cottage last week and it was one of the best holidays we've ever had in this country. The weather was fantastic which certainly helped and the cottage was gorgeous. From the moment I booked the cottage back in January everything was dealt with very professionally and the owner was extremely helpful and provided all the information you could possibly need. The cottage itself was exceptionally clean and well presented with lots of little extra personal touches which made the cottage feel even more cosy. You can tell that this cottage is loved and well cared for. The location is fantastic - it is in a quiet lane with no through-traffic, and at the far end of the lane is access to the golf course and fields which takes you to the estuary - it is a lovely short walk and there is a good pub at the end of the walk (The Harbour Inn). The other end of the lane is the start of the high street, so you are literally only a minute from all the shops and restaurants and only 7mins to the beach! My husband and I had planned to go walking every day and took all our wet weather gear with us only to find that we had a mini-heat wave so spent the entire week on the beach! We will definitely be booking for next year when we will be less lazy and do some of the Adnams Pub Walks to walk off all the good food we consume!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Leaving - we didn't want to go home
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
13 Sep 2013
My husband and I were actually staying next door at the same time so we had the pleasure of meeting this lovely couple (we were trying to stay incognito as we didn't want to be intrusive but they realized it was us)! It's lovely to receive a review like this, it's informative as well as so appreciative! So glad you had a great holiday, and thank you so much for these comments! It is true, Loom Cottage is loved, and I'm so glad it shows!It's also great that the service beforehand was mentioned, as I do try to be as helpful as possible.We just want everybody to have the best holiday possible!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing