“Gone downhill in recent years”
Review of Sainsbury's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sainsbury's
Ranked #37 of 48 Restaurants in Haverhill
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Shopped at this branch of Sainsburys for more than 25 years. Recently have found the staff rude and disinterested in helping. I never use now for food shopping, just use their clothing department which does provide good quality at very reasonable prices. Staff in the bureau de change are almost always at lunch and you can wait unacknowledged at the pharmacy for ages. BTW, Best and most helpful pharmacist by far in Haverhill is the one opposite the library, next to St Marys Church in the town centre.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

Gave up on the hot food about a year ago because of the waiting times and quality. Have recently started eating here again but stick to cold things (salads,rolls pastries etc). However our visit this week was totally spoilt by the lack of cutlery (forks). My husband opted for salad rolls but I went for the quiche salad. As we were paying we pointed out that there were no forks and the lady told us that they would be coming out in a few minutes. However after about 5 minutes and still no forks I asked another lady who was bringing out the meals if she could get some. After a few minutes she returned and started rummaging about in the cupboards under the cutlery. No luck, and by now a small crowd had started to gather, some worrying that their hot meals would be cold before they could eat them. Eventually the first lady from the till came over and started rummaging in the cupboard- she was able to find some small (dessert?) forks. By the time I sat back down my coffee was cold and my salad had lost its appeal. Probably should also add that the knives were grubby - I put my first one into the 'dirty tray rack' because it was covered in a solid white substance - All the rest needed de-smearing with a napkin. I also had to wipe my table down. The food was fresh and edible, otherwise my rating would have been even less. The two ladies trying to cope with this fiasco were polite and doing their best - simply looks like they could have done with more help. Staff shortages happen but the 'basics' being compromised (cutlery/cleanliness) is not acceptable.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

Food is good value.
Waiting time for food is quite long need more staff to make the drinks whilst orders are being taken.
A window in the restaurant would be nice as quite dark.

Reviewed 21 January 2017

This used to be good but it's gone down hill
The staff are not helpful the cafe is dirty
The food is cold or dried out
You have to wait about 40 minuets for food to arrive only to find its unedable
All ways avoid if i can

Reviewed 3 December 2016

don't like the sausage and mash. However the service is pretty great. My food came very fast. Also coffee is nice