All reviews sunday carvery off road parking door stop sea front walk into town honeymoon suite comfy bed stayed for one night pleasant stay following morning cooked breakfast food was lovely yogurt weekend break bar staff josh roast
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Marvelous friendly and efficient service from all staff. Large clean rooms. Excellent breakfast and Sunday carvery. Good location with a short walk from the beach and the town. Very highly recommended.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Gareth S, Operations Director at Best Western Brook Hotel, Felixstowe, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. It is always pleasing to hear guests enjoyed there stay with us & I will make sure that I feedback your comments to all the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Excellent room very comfortable bed.

Hazel the barmaid was very good and attentive.

Josh did an excellent job in the bar at the wake very quick service and remembered the round just as a good bar man should.

Krystof served us at breakfast and was very good the breakfast was really good well done Chef.

Couldn't fault any staff from reception and chambermaids
All in all a very nice stay at a sad time

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I am very pleased to hear the staff looked after you well during a difficult time, I will certainly make sure everyone is made aware of your comments.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

After reading several comments about limited breakfast, I though I should post my experience.

Breakfast consists of "3 courses". Cereals, yogurts, fruit juice etc followed by ham and cheese or fruit and then finally the cooked course. In addition you get toast, tea and coffee. It is the cooked breakfast that is limited to 5 choices from the list of 12 but given that 4 options are all various forms of cooking eggs, I did not feel I was being short changed in any way. I don't think six options would have fitted on the plate anyhow.

I had a king size ground floor room that was nice but not particularly set up for a business traveller but I did not expect it to be. The room was large and nicely decorated with just some very minor wear and tear marks that you would expect. I felt the bathroom could have easily have been made a little wider without impacting the space in the main room too much.

Overall the hotel was very presentable and the staff were friendly. I am a fan of more modern hotels in general but given the limited options within the town, I was not disappointed with this more traditional in-town hotel.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Gareth S, Operations Director at Best Western Brook Hotel, Felixstowe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. Felixstowe does lac modern hotels & it is nice to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. As you can imagine the rooms in a Victorian property are a little strange & not one room is the same as the other. I will certainly pass your comments onto the team & we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

We were pleasantly suprised here. I had read previous TA reports and unsure what to expect after that but upon arrival we were allocated our room and it was warm, beautiful, clean and very welcoming after a hectic day. We decided to eat in the restaurant that evening and the very helpful waiter couldn't do enough to help us and the food was lovely. After a restful night the breakfast was very very nice with plenty of options and very hot. All in all a very nice experience and we will be back. I got a special deal and I honestly can't fault it. If you want to walk into town you can, parking is outside and the room warm and comfortable.
Thank you we will be back.....oh and thanks for the tape measure loan too (very helpful man at reception)!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Gareth S, Operations Director at Best Western Brook Hotel, Felixstowe, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. It is always pleasing to read such nice comments & I will be sharing them with the team. I hope you have time to return to us in the future once the nicer weather has arrived.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

stayed 2 nights and had a great weekend. could not fault hotel. all staff happy, friendly and helpful. breakfast, whilst limited to 5 items, was well cooked and hot. room was well heated and comfortable

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Gareth S, Operations Director at Best Western Brook Hotel, Felixstowe, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel & your kind words. I will be sure to share these with the team & we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.