“Absolute delight”

The Sitting Room
Ranked #2 of 63 Restaurants in Sheringham
Price range: USD 6 - USD 10
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We ( my wife and I and three of our daughters ) came for lunch today at the end of our holiday in Sheringham and were absolutely wowed by the place. The service was excellent and the food delicious. The owner was very friendly and even baked some Pastel de Nata fresh for us whilst we were eating our main course when we said that we would really like to sample some. My wife is Brazilian and this is her favourite pastry. She said that it was best one she had ever tasted this side of the Atlantic Ocean. We would recommend The Sitting Room to anyone visiting Sheringham. It is undoubtedly the best tea room we have eaten in in Norfolk. Spotlessly clean, fresh flowers on the tables and lovely hand towels in the toilets. All of these things made the experience one to remember. It is an absolute gem. Thank you.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

My family and I had a day out visiting Sheringham and were looking for a place to eat. We found the Sitting Room very much fortuitously and what a find! The Sitting Room is so incredibly British, with those little details such as with fresh flowers on the tables and charming teapots. I will recommend and will visit again if I have a chance.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Went to the restaurant for breakfast and loved the coffee and croissants and fruit toast was lovely and my husband was delighted to get a very good cup of tea.it was so good we went back for lunch.I had the Italian ham and rocket salad and my husband had the cheese and ham toaster with salad.very fresh and delicious.good selection of French patisserie cakes which I had.The atmosphere and comfortable seating was lovely and the service was excellent.stayed in Ludham for a week and found this restaurant on a shopping trip to Sheringham and am going back tomorrow as the coffee is one of the best I have had.you must try it if you like great service,great food and fabulous coffee.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We visited The Sitting room during our recent stay in Sheringham during a cold and wet day after checking out the favourable trip advisor reviews.. it did not disappoint, the coffee (cappuccino and a flat white) were both spot on the best We had drank during our stay, the choice of French pastries were delightful we settled for a selection of macrons for us and Millionaire shortbreads for the children.
The gentleman who served us was very helpful and brilliant with our children, service with a smile goes a long way and you could tell he had a clear passion and knowledge for the wonderful food and drinks served.
The ambience was very relaxing and the windows were dressed lovely for Easter.
I loved the eco flannel/hand towel option in the toilet instead of the usual nuisance paper towels.. what a brilliant idea which more places should adopt!
We were planning to visit again before leaving Sheringham but unfortunately didn’t make it but we would recommend to all... keep up the good work serving coffee with a smile!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 24 March 2018

We looked on TA for a cafe in Sheringham, and found this. We only wanted a snack, and we had to wait until they opened at 9.30, not it was really worth while.
The coffee is first rate as are the scones (admittedly they are SO nice that it would be good if they were a bit bigger!). Toilets are superbly appointed, which in a cafe is rare.
And, to finish, the staff are really helpful, pleasant and full of fun.
Best place we've found for absolutely ages!

Ps Service, food, value all 5 stars, but can't get that section to work!

Date of visit: March 2018