Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
Trip.com
USD 134
View deal
Free cancellation until 02/07/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Booking.comUSD 149
Expedia.comUSD 149
TravelocityUSD 149
5,177 results
All reviews spa bath deluxe room crazy golf course meal leisure facilities afternoon tea steam room lovely grounds leisure club beautiful building spa break family room bed and breakfast buffet style restaurant staff birthday treat food was lovely
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 April 2021 via mobile

The location of this hotel is lovely with the gardens out the front and the view across the countryside. From the outside it looks posh and has character. Once inside and in the room yes it was clean and tidy although a little dated decor and the single beds are too. The big tv is a good point for the room, and the shower is lovely. However the food wasn’t great for a 4 star hotel and also the room wasn’t tidied while i was out so used plates and cups were left as too towels and tea, coffee, shower gels not replenish so I had to ask for these. The staff were friendly enough though and were helpful.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Vince Johnson, General Manager at Redworth Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2021

Hi allemanno88. Thanks for your review and my apologies that you were not provided with our guest guidance sheet when you checked in which explains that we will only service bedrooms on specific guest request to minimise the covid risk. WE are trying to navigate these strange times and minimise contact and reflect the reduced service in the £69 a night price. Hopefully you will return when we reopen and experience our normal service.

Kind regards, Vince

Reviewed 21 March 2021

I was recommended this hotel by one of my customers. I stay in the area approx 2-3 weeks every month and thought I would give this hotel a go based upon the recommendation. What a disaster!
I understand with Covid that staffing and services are greatly reduced, but if you cannot offer a basic service then you should NOT be selling your rooms.

I booked a suite for a couple of nights. Check-in was easy and the room whilst dated and in need of some TLC was OK. I was advised that room service was available for both food and drink – due to limitations naturally food could be served until 9pm and drinks until 10pm.

I arrived at my room and decided to pour myself a glass of water only to find that upon picking up the glass it had the previous residents orange juice remains. The sediment was stuck around the inside of the glass and the bottom of the glass. Needless to say with Covid at the forefront of everyones mind (with the exception of this hotel). I immediately walked this down to reception. Upon raising my concern I was met with “oh, that’s strange, not sure if the bar is open to get another – let me check”. Not even an apology; just that they would speak to housekeeping but it was clear they were not as concerned as I was about this. I did receive a fresh glass and return to my room.

Whilst this did raise some alarm bells I decided that due to the time of arrival I would eat and drink at the hotel. At 8:30pm I received a call advising the kitchen would be closing shortly so I ordered. Room service was provided but the steak and chips were barely warm. I’m not sure how food that is cooked on site in the kitchen could arrive to a room barely warm? In addition I was advised that I must order any drinks now as after 9pm the kitchen would be closed and no more drinks would be served? I questioned this based on check-in information I was given and was told that if I did not order my drinks now then after 9pm they could not longer serve me - so yet further disappointment.

That night I called to enquire about breakfast as this was not mentioned during the check in process and with everything else I pre-empted that no doubt this would be challenging also. I was correct! I was advised a complimentary bag would be left outside the door. Needless to say, something else that was too much trouble for this hotel, nothing left at all. I went to work this day and following a long day on customer site I returned to the hotel at approx. 6pm. I walked into my room only to find that all the dirty plates, bottles, tea cups were all still sat in my room untouched from the night before, absolutely NO ROOM SERVICE. This is basic for any hotel to have your room cleaned during the day! I did not expect to walk into my room that smelt like an old pub with dirty plates, cups and leftover food from the night before. I immediately complained at reception and the room was cleared and windows opened to remove the smell – great during cold weather!

My colleague also had various issues within his suite and checked out after 1 night, I wish now I had done the same.

All I can say is AVOID this hotel! In my opinion it cannot cater for customers and cannot ensure you a Covid safe stay. All other hotels I stay at go above and beyond for Covid measures, but to leave a dirty used glass by the previous occupant is NOT safe! If that is not reason enough then the absolute lack of service should be.

Date of stay: March 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Travellerstays

Dear customer, I'm sorry that you and your colleague in the below review had bad experiences. These are not representative of our normal standard and I am sorry that you were unaware of our revised procedures. Many thanks, Vince

Reviewed 20 March 2021 via mobile

I visited the redworth hall hotel (at the same time as a work colleague) as part of a business trip. On entering one of the most expensive rooms (my suite). I was greeted by smatterings of old bird excrement on the windows, a radiator that did not work and a shower that wouldn’t heat up properly.

Following that, I had a room service meal which arrived cold and with fries that had obviously been left to stand for hours. In addition to this the rooms were very tired looking and did not justify the price that I paid for the room.

Would recommend avoiding this place unless absolutely desperate for somewhere to stay at a last minute.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ham_sd2016

Dear han_sd2016, I'm sorry to hear this. The hotel is only open for business stays and most business men have booed standard rooms for £69 a night. We have served many hundreds of room service dinners though the current situation is exceptional and I'm sorry you did not have a positive experience. The skeleton staff are doing their best and i hope you reported the issues as that is more helpful than a review.

Many thanks, Vince

Reviewed 1 February 2021 via mobile

We visited back in July. The decor of the room was quite disappointing, as well as much of the hotel. The spa was nice, as was the food and the tipi.

However, all positives were negated by horrendous service with regards to some lost property.

A week or so after visiting, we realised we’d left a pair of straighteners at the hotel. We got in touch to try and resolve the issue. It took months to speak to anyone that tried to solve our issue, and we were given weak excuses like “sometimes the maids might write the wrong room numbers down”.

Despite excuses like this, we were told the the hotel had a functioning lost property system (somewhat gaslighting us by saying it works in other cases) and nothing was recorded as being in the room. As evidenced by that quote and not being very careful when it comes to verifying property ownership (we were sent some straighteners that weren’t actually ours), the system clearly has faults which the hotel knows about but nevertheless the hotel refused to accept any responsibility and simply said they couldn’t do anything since it wasn’t recorded.

We are out almost £100. The hotel offered wishy-washy gestures of goodwill like a reduced stay at the hotel. We obviously have no desire to stay at this hotel again when issues like this are treat as unsolvable mistakes and no responsibility is taken.

If action was taken when we first contacted the hotel, a much more timely investigation could’ve taken place as it very much seems like the straighteners may have been stolen. This was obviously not feasible months later.

Very very poor. Negligence and a lack of responsibility.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank asp8
Lee Kirtland, Other at Redworth Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2021

Dear asp8,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

As stated in an email to you, we only had that pair of straighteners which were left. During this very difficult time for hospitality, we have been closed so I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you from the team. We did advise that no straighteners were found in your bedroom however we did have some which had a different room number on which were not claimed for some time. We could of just said that none were found in your room and left it at that however we did try and help. As I'm sure you can appreciate he amount of lost property which is left at the hotel, some items a lot more expensive than straighteners and we get these back to their rightful owners.

Kind Regards,
Lee Kirtland
Operations Manager

Reviewed 19 January 2021 via mobile

We stayed at Redworth Hall last week in order to attend my mums funeral. I couldn’t stay with my family due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Reception were helpful each time I rang to check the booking was ok. On the day of the funeral the weather was treacherous and our journey up North was horrendous. We arrived and were able to park right outside of reception as it was snowing hard.
The ladies on reception were great. After the funeral we ordered room service which was nice and arrived in a timely fashion.
We also were upgraded to a better room at no extra charge.
Thankful to Redworth Hall. Would definitely recommend another time.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear 522jacquiw,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about your stay.

I am sorry for your loss. Thank you for your kind words and I hope that once this is all over we have the chance to welcome you back.

Kind Regards,