“Probably best food in town”

Polfareren Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 18 Restaurants in Longyearbyen
Price range: USD 10 - USD 38
Description: Svalbard's newest hotel doesn't only offer accommodation, but has also opened a modern restaurant and bar. The restaurant menu is characterized by the Nordic, French and Asian cuisine. If you want to enjoy a good drink, we also offer beer from Svalbard Brewery and wine from our wine bar. We recommend that you visit us for more inspiration.
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Some of the absolute best food I've had, not only in Longyearbyen but globally, and for affordable prices. Friendly staff that are attentive and try hard to give you the best possible experience. Cosy atmosphere and fast service.
Some of the others er online reviews highlight their seal carpaccio and their risotto, and correctly so, and the reindeer is perhaps even better.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

I visited here on my final night in Longyearbyen. Having tried a few of the other (highly rated) restaurants, this was by far my favourite. The food, flavours and concepts were brilliant.
I spoke to the head chef after to thank him and being a private chef myself I had to ask the him the secret to his gorgeous miso soup (I had it as a starter but you can also have it as a main), - a very friendly guy and you can tell the relaxed nature in the kitchen seeps into restaurant making it a truly lovely experience.
Make sure you book! They don't have many covers (which makes the atmosphere even better!)

1  Thank Melanie W
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Nice restaurant with a warm atmosphere. Nice staff. Not that much to choose between at the meny. All the food was cold and the meal of duck didn´t taste good. We didn´t try desert, but we drank a cider named Edel... and this one was really good! Lene, Norway

Reviewed 29 March 2018

I ordered the vegetarian risotto and it was hands down the best risotto I've ever had, absolutely delicious. I was a bit surprised that Svalbard can offer such good food! There's a nice, cosy atmosphere to this restaurant and the service was fantastic too. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Amazing monkfish starter! And beautiful Arctic char. Definitely work checking out if you’re in Longyearbyen.