USD 181
An Gleantain(Caherdaniel)
TripAdvisor
All reviewspubwifikerrypiperireland
Reviewed 8 September 2015

Very cute and clean hostel. The owner Eileen was very friendly. I stayed in a private double room. Bed was comfy only issue was it was on ground floor so could hear everyone getting up and showering. Otherwise I highly recommend this hostel.free tea and coffee too!
Right in village centre with fantastic walks around.
It had a lovely large garden.,I don't know about wifi as never asked and was not told.
Overall a great place to stay on a budget

Room Tip: Maybe don't stay on the ground florr
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 July 2015

We stayed in Travellers Rest after a long day cycling from Kenmare to Caherdaniel and found it to be warm, friendly and very clean. We paid 21 euro each--same as in all other hostels around the Ring of Kerry--for a twin room with shared bathroom. The beds were perfect, the room clean and cheerful. There is a pub with great food just across the road and Derrynane Beach, one of the most beautiful in Ireland, if not Europe, is a two mile walk down a country lane away. A great place to stay and we will definitely be back. The French lad who was caretaker was very kind and we met some lovely, interesting people. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 September 2014

Now, I've stayed here many times on cycling and walking adventures and have always loved it. I was booked into stay on a stop over of the kerry way. We were very late coming down off the mountain and the owner rang 3 times and waited up to make sure we were safe and got in Ok. Not once did she give us any criticism for this...only kindness. When we finally got in, the rooms were fresh, modern, well cared for with lovely new bedding (not a guarantee on the Kerry Way). She had a lovely spacious power shower, a nice kitchen and dining space. The place is full of character and charm while being clean and comfortable also. Well worth a stay. You will enjoy!

Room Tip: I think they are all nice as far as I know. I've stayed in a few different ones at this stage and I didn't have a complaint with any.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Moses P
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My first stay in a hostel at 53 years old and loved it, clean cosy and owner extremely helpful, met some lovely people ,would not hesitate to go back . Fantastic area, Freddie's pub across the road a must .

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Suzi C
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

After a long walk we've reached the hostel. It's interior is nicely arranged and very homely. Plenty of light in most rooms, a good kitchen, some benches and a table at the back of the house. Around the corner are a shop and the Blind Piper, a really awesome pub. So I can't think of any reason not to stay at the traveller's rest.

Stayed: April 2014