All reviews pub wifi kerry piper ireland
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My first stay in a hostel at 53 years old and loved it, clean cosy and owner extremely helpful, met some lovely people ,would not hesitate to go back . Fantastic area, Freddie's pub across the road a must .

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Suzi C
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

After a long walk we've reached the hostel. It's interior is nicely arranged and very homely. Plenty of light in most rooms, a good kitchen, some benches and a table at the back of the house. Around the corner are a shop and the Blind Piper, a really awesome pub. So I can't think of any reason not to stay at the traveller's rest.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 9 August 2011

After walking 30km via the inland route between Waterville and Caherdaniel, we were absolutely exhausted and were hoping Travellers Rest would be fine.
It was way better than expected. It is one of the cleanest hostels I have ever come across, the dining room feels homey and cosy, the kitchen is big enough and functional, there is a table at the back in the garden, all the rooms used by everyone (shower, TV room, dining area...) are nice and comfortable.
The private bedroom we had was another good surprise. The bed sheets were clean and had a nice smell (really not always the case in hostels) and though the room was small, it was pleasant to stay and sleep in.
The hostel is conveniently located opposite a pub / shop. I can only recommend this pub,: great small town atmosphere, cheap pints and a grocery store that had more and at cheaper prices than many local grocery stores all over Ireland.
The hostel can transfer luggage along the Kerry Way. We paid 10€ to the next stop, Sneem, very cheap indeed.
All in all a very good experience there, can't recommend it enough.
Only snag that disappointed a couple of Americans staying there, no free breakfast here.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Riddleguy
Reviewed 6 August 2011

This was one of my favourite hostels of my trip in Ireland. It is located in a stunning area on the Ring of Kerry and has a really nice homely feel to it. If no one is in when you arrive you go to the garage (very old and out of use now I think!) opposite where the owner lives. There was a very nice young French man called Nicholas working at the hostel when we stayed, but other than that I think that it feels so homely because there are few staff there, you can make yourself feel at home in a building that is really just like a home. There is a nice sitting room with tv and interesting things to look at, a very pretty dining room, a lovely little kitchen, and a really gorgeous garden. The room we stayed in was comfortable and reasonably spacious, we were very happy with it. We enjoyed eating our lunch outside on the picnic table in the sunny, colourful, peaceful garden - quite idyllic really! I wouldn't say it is a party place, most people who were staying seemed friendly but fairly quiet, although we did find it sociable as the common areas were small enough to make it easy to get chatting to the other guests and we met a wonderful family here - although if this isn't what you are after it seemed like a quiet enough place to get plenty of time alone if you wish.
I would highly recommend this pretty, lovely, relaxing and good value hostel set in a very beautiful part of Ireland.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank mimum
Reviewed 14 July 2011

Great for cyclists/backpackers on cheap travelling.
Storage area for bikes.
Cosy lounge/rest area, good kitchen.
Make sure you bring you own towel as they are not provided.
Small and expensive shop 100m from the hostel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends