Beautiful villa with charming hosts
A condition is to a very high standard with all modern amenities
View from the villa over beautiful koutilifari excellent
Koutilifari is a beautiful village with wonderful friendly people and fantastic restaurants
Danai Villa is a beautiful place to stay. It is well equipped and kept very clean. You can walk down to the village where there are small shops and restaurants. It is a steep hill to come back up. If you want a bigger supermarket, or to visit the beach, you need a car.
However, were disappointed because the description is not accurate in several respects:
- distance to beach stated to be 1km. It is at least twice this so I could not walk my children there as planned. The beach, when you get there, is very small and a bit rough (not fine sand). We drove half an hour to a sandy beach.
- villa said to be great for children of all ages. We took a 3 year old and an 18 month old and it was very stressful with the baby. Slippery marble floors, hazardous stairs, baby could not see edge of pool as infinity pool so very dangerous to have him outside.
- the description of a 'private garden' gives the impression there is space for children to run around. It was the tiniest patch of grass with a gap in the hedging lining it where there was nothing to stop my sons falling to the road below....
- It is an expensive lovely villa and I don't think the manager was used to receiving any negative comments. As a result he was quite rude to us on several occasions. He also walked through the outside space without warning.
- the Wi-Fi did not work and we had to use our phone to connect
- we got the feeling the villa is like a show home which the owners do not want to be used. There was a booklet of instructions of what not to do (eg don't get on the sunbed before your suncream has soaked on.....) The owners want to keep it in pristine condition but seem to forget people have to actually use the facilities.
I would recommend it to people who do not have young children (under five) and who do not want to be able to walk to the beach.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|Overall condition of the property||Bedding & mattresses|
|Kitchen & utensils||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Older travelers|
We had a great stay. The owners were very accommodating and the cleaner came every day. Nice and close to shops and the town so there was no need for a car. Overall a pleasent stay.