“Great place”

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 January 2018

It is a bit far from the center of Hersonissos but the walk is rewarding! A typical place, full of locals and full of good food. Appetizers were great and also main courses (please try moussaka, salads or lamb). True Greek cuisine. Very good price/quality ratio

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Came here with family as a group of 7 plus 2 babies what a great little place this is we shared about 5 starters 6 mains wines vodka and soft drinks and water bill came to 80€ and tastes fantastic great meal we all enjoyed the three year old especially loved the real potatoe chips service was excellent Also the added bonus of a little playground thats tucked in nicely we definitely recommend to all

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

So, so disappointing! After reading the reviews we had such high expectations and walked up some big hills to get there but it’s the worst meal we’ve ever had in Greece, and I’ve been coming to this country every year for 18 years! The fried zucchini was nice, as were the bread and olives (thought I’d start on a positive). They didn’t have half of the specials and we went early because we have a baby who gets cross if she doesn’t eat by 7.30. So we went for the chicken in white sauce and the mousakka. Had to send the chicken back as it was still pink - thank god we didn’t let the baby eat any! The waiter just said ‘ok we make it more’ and then brought it back cooked but even then it was bland - it tasted like it just had hot cream with some Parmesan sprinkled on top with a bit of black pepper. I know the Greeks normally do this dish very well as I’ve had it loads but this was so bad I left it. The moussaka was average at best. The dry white wine was vile - that too got left (I did ask if there was anything else but the only options were medium sweet or rose which I don’t like either!!). The reason I’ve given 2* rather than 1* is because of the free cake at the end of the meal - that was delicious! The whole lot cost €25 so can’t knock the price (if the food was nice) but considering we paid €35 (including a tip) last night at Thalassa and had the most incredible food, it’s not even good value! It was pretty obvious we weren’t happy yet the staff didn’t say anything or knock anything off the bill. I would’ve expected the chef to come out to apologise for serving up raw chicken and potentially giving a small baby food poisoning but clearly my expectations were too high. Gutted we’ve wasted one night’s meal on this place when we’re only here for a week!

1  Thank UAE_Girl
Reviewed 10 October 2017

It takes a 20 minutes walk from central Hersonissos to get here. But it is worth while the effort. Genuine Greek taverna, with lots of Greek guests. We did not get disappointed, in fact we were here twice. Try deep fried squash, lamb shops or veal steak and you wil not be disappointed. First dinner costs us a staggering € 27 for started, main dish, wine and coffee :-) Warmly recommended.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

After being recommended by a few friends we decided to try it. Met straight away and shown to our table. We had starters and main with wine and water, bread and fruit on the house. The bill was 29.50 euro the cheapest all holiday. Waiters were attentive but not hovering. The food was amazing .This restaurant is a must try for anyone wanting authentic Greece dining. Equal numbers of Locals and holidaymakers says a lot to me.Will definitely be going next year.