All reviewsold world charmward's lakestate conventionraj erameghalaya tourismoldest hotelpine treesward lakeopen spacecolonial stylethe cottagesmodern amenitiesparking spacefood is excellentpolice bazarstayed for nightsthe heart of the city
Reviewed 10 June 2009

Located in the heart of the city - the bustling Police Bazar is 10 mins walk - but with a large enough compound to retain the tranquility of the hills around. This old hotel from the Raj era has been done up in recent years. For being run by the government, the remake has been pretty good.
Priced reasonably, the rooms have nice wood floors and fireplaces that looked in working condition. I did not have the need to light it up. The bar which could do with a little more comfortable chairs was a good place to warm up. The lounge is beautiful. Restaurant needs some cosy decor; the food portions are wastefully large. The waiters look too sullen and can dampen the mood if you allow.
Housekeeping was great; the laundry service was a rip off.
Wireless and internet cafe was a great added service.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2009

The hotel is located on Wards lake and in morning its great pleasure to go for walk around the lake. The main two markets of Shillong namely Police Bazaar and Bara Bazaar are just 5 mins walk from the hotel. My stay was very pleasant.

The pool is lovely, and more luxurious. The pool attendants were very friendly.

Restaurants are great and the food quality is excellent.

We paid Rs. 9000 per night for a room which I feel is reasonable.

Overall I was satisfied by the hotel and in evening one can go around the market and can enjoy the scenic beauty. Boating can also be done. Overall I was very satisfied and I highly recommend this hotel for tourists.

• Stayed: April 2006, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 June 2009

I had stayed in Hotel Pinewood Shillong from 25 th to 28 th May 2009.

I was in a business trip along with my colleagues who stayed with me in the same hotel.

Though business trips are mostly tiring, but I/we never felt that way simply because of my/our stay in this particular hotel.

The hotel is located on a hilltop overlooking green slope full of unknown varity of flowers.The rooms are independent with fireplace and excellent decor.

The conference hall, where we held business meetings, had all audio visual gadgets, dias, sitting arrangements meeting our requirements.

The quality of food served was excellent with wide choice.The service was promt.The staff very friendly and always eager to make our stay as comfortable as possible.

Our stay was excellent and I will always look forward to put up in this hotel during my future travel/stay in Shillong.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2009

Property is one of the oldest in Shillong and is managed by the Government. However, its quite vast and is very centrally located in a peaceful environment.

It is bang opposite a beautiful lake having joggers track. The rooms are old but very spacious.

One should stay in a super deluxe cottage room as it very spacious with separate dining area. Much better than ordinary execuitve or deluxe room.

Most of the facilities were not working, for. eg. billiards room, etc.

it seemed to be little pricy but overall enjoyed the stay.

Food quality was amazing and one should definitely try Indian butter Naan (bread).

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2009

We stayed at the pinewood for 4 nights and really enjoyed the resort thoroughly. Its a beautifully maintained resort at a quiet location. Not too far from the city centre. We had booked 2 rooms - super deluxe & deluxe, and found both to be good. The room sizes are big. Though the quality of rooms are not that good but the greenery around makes up for it. The food was delicious and room service was also good. We were with kids so the option of staying in the resort was better than a hotel, since we got open space for kids to roam around. Lobby etc. are also nicely done. overall a good place to stay if with family.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family