“Excellent Chinese Restaurant in Guwahati”
Review of Confucius

Confucius
Ranked #26 of 773 Restaurants in Guwahati
Cuisines: Chinese, Thai
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I had visited Confucius for the first time for dinner with family and I was very impressed with nice oriental ambiance and mouthwatering Chinese delicacy.

Suggested food items: Starter: American Corn Pepper Salt, Beijing Chicken, Main course: Nonveg Sizzler, Chicken Hakka Noodles, Chicken Manchurian, Garlic Chicken, Veg Penang Curry (Red curry - awesome) etc.

Limited options for wines & spirits.

Cons is mosquito's are very irritating!!

Date of visit: May 2014
4  Thank deepankarb2014

Reviewed 28 February 2014

One of the few good places in Guwahati for Chinese fine dining. Variety of options on the menu, quality service and good ambience to indulge in a good meal.

Date of visit: April 2013
3  Thank Bornav
Reviewed 25 November 2012

A good place .... but consistency in quality is not mantained. Sometimes this place confuses me.
Ambience ok, food ok.... can go once in three - four months.

Date of visit: April 2012
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Whenever I remember Confucius restaurant in Guwahati, I feel nostalgic, sad, depressed, happy, ecstatic- its helluva like a mixed bag of feelings. It carries heaps and heaps of memories for me, for us, for me and my dear wife. For nearly a half a decade or more, this eating joint was our companion. Be it lunch, dinner, evening-snacks, be it good-time celebration or even in bad times or even anytime, anywhere – Confucius was always there. And what a delicious taste..!! I’ll never get such delicately prepared and tasty Kung Pao Chicken, Chillie Chicken, Chowmins, so many varieties of fried rice and starters, such a beautiful, cozy arrangements and decorations inside, such warmth and hearty greetings / services of the staff – never, never will I get anywhere. And all this at sucha reasonable price. Of course at least in 2011 you can have a hearty dinner for 4 slightly above Rs 1100/-. Also drinks were served and you can take safely, securely in the table in a family-atmosphere. Located in prime location (opposite to Tanishq in Christian Basti, GS Road). Open till 11:00 pm in night. Accepts debit / credit cards. So many times we saw movies in Cinemax in evening and night shows and had dinner here. In Dhanteras we shopped at Tanishq and had dinner here. I still remember that ever-smiling, obliged, well-behaved, helping, disciplined staff in black uniform. I still languidly visualize the cozily, dimly lit Chinese lanterns and the dragon-motif engraved at the back-wall of the restaurant. I can still listen the soft music wafting in the air. Confucius stands for all the good things that Guwahati, Assam, North-East stands for – love, genorisity, cultured elegance blended with a traditionally modern outlook and fondness for the eclectic Chinese tastebuds. To realize this you have to stay in Guwahati, drink the essence of North-East, soak in the culture here and visit Confucius. My eyes go moist as I remember Confucius. We passed our golden times here, the times which will never come back again.
The only hassles in daytime is parking. Manikchand Jewellers is on the same foot just beside it. Hence getting space for car was a challenge. You may have to park at a distance and come by foot. But no problem in night. At dinner time, parking space is all yours as traffic thins out.
At least that was it 1-1.5 years back. Now I am transferred out of Guwahati. Don’t know whether Confucius remains the same good old Confucius or not.

Date of visit: March 2012