“Welcome to the 1995”

OYO 8450 Hotel Grand Starline
Ranked #26 of 67 Hotels in Guwahati
Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

Yes...the hotel feels old
Lets start with the positives
-location
-polite and helpful staffs
-spacious rooms

The opposite
-pool is littered with empty bottles and rubbish
-the room has only two power socket which are located far off from the bed
-the room has that peculiar smell
-all equipments needs upgrade
Food is ....well there are better options around the hotel..
Sorry if i am being too hard..but the hotel claimed to be 3*

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank kima_Bawlte
SKmr12, General Manager at OYO 8450 Hotel Grand Starline, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017

Greetings from Hotel Grand Starline !!!

On the Outset, I thank you for choosing Hotel Grand Starline, Guwahati as your preferred choice of hotels.

I also take this opportunity to thank you for taking time out to update us with your valuable comments thereby showing us our areas of improvement.

I welcome you to route your reservation request through my office directly which will allow me to pass all courtesies & handle your next trip with extra care and also give me an opportunity to meet up with you in person.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

Stayed there from 20th to 25th May & booked through worst travel site Yatra who fully misguided me. The hotel looks big but almost without any maintenance. I have offered a 1st floor room with king bed upon entering i found that the room is full of damp and stains. The tolilet is full of old fittings. When refused to stay they gave mean room of same category in 4th floor. In this room the condition was better but walls are whitewashed instead of acrylic paints generally found in hotel. The complimentary breakfast is horrible with very less items( two fruits, bread, idli/dosa/uttapam,puri/paratha, one fruit juice, egg) Almost everyday I found old smelly boiled eggs dipped in water & the breads are full of green fungus. Once objected they gave bread from inside & better eggs. In room dinning is of better quality. Bed linen are very old with stains. Even the bed was broken and repaired only last day of my stay. The workers are undertrained & very casual. More can be written but I want to forget this hotel and Yatra.com total episode.

Room Tip: If forced to stay then book only 2nd & 4th floor rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank BAKSI70

Greetings from Hotel Grand Starline !!!

Whilst in no words can I express my deepest apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your recent visit with us.

Sir, I request you to kindly take this incident as a one off case which for sure is not the reflection of the usually high standards of services which are followed by us and hope the same should not stop you from coming back to us.

Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 30 days when i was on duty. First few days was alright but then the service started slowing down. Food is alright. The breakfast buffets are repetitive and average. Rooms are good, bathroom is alright. Staff isn very cooperative.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
SKmr12, General Manager at OYO 8450 Hotel Grand Starline, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Reviewed 10 May 2017

The location is perfect, in the heart of the city, which has a lot of life and buzz and malls around. Street food as well as good restaurants too around.

The property is old and good, but seems to be suffering at the hands of maintenance. The Air conditioning was below satisfaction and some rooms had only one fan. Cleanliness is just acceptable. The amenities are basic and standard.

Breakfast spread is alright, but food is good. Staff is good as well but slow in taking instructions and executing the tasks.

Alright for a quick transit stay. My evaluation is that if the maintenance is done and faults rectified, this property could easily be classed as 4 star.

Room Tip: Seek Road Facing rooms
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
SKmr12, General Manager at OYO 8450 Hotel Grand Starline, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Dear Sir,

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your visit to Guwahati.

At Hotel Grand Starline Guwahati, it is our constant Endeavour to provide you with high standards of personalized service and facilities. Feedback from valuable patrons like you helps us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

We do hope you will recommend us to your other family members, friends & associates and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Regards,

Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

Hotel is in the best possible location in Guwahati.Staffs are welcoming,food items are delicious offering multi cuisine specially North Indian and Chinese. It is my go to hotel every time I'm here. And every time I come it's only improving . Very pleased with the stay.

Stayed: March 2017
SKmr12, General Manager at OYO 8450 Hotel Grand Starline, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2017

Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you for appreciating the Hotel and its services. It gives us great pride and encourages us to offer even higher levels of excellence.

Best Regards,