“A sure bet for a good steak”
Review of Hickory House

Hickory House
Ranked #4 of 106 Restaurants in Gahanna
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

I have to admit I have never tried any of their other entrees. We come here for the steaks! The sides are good; I don't believe I have ever had better green beans at any restaurant. The salads are fresh. The drinks are not watered down. For all those reasons, we keep coming back.

1  Thank nigmal

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

We were staying at the holiday inn down the road and they told us about this place. We had just landed and don't know the area well. We went here and the chipotle chicken soup and appetizers set the mood right. Then we got our main course and were severely disappointed. I got the top sirloin and ribs with a side of Mac and cheese. The mac and cheese was edible but had little flavor. The ribs were tasty so no complaints there. The steak however came out and looked like almost grey. There was little to no seasoning and tasted terrible. I had to pour A1 on it to even try and eat it. I took two bites of it and didn't eat the rest. Would not recommend this place at all.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Had one of the best Stakes I've ever had in this very welcoming restaurant.
The salads are fresh and tasty and so are the wings. Generous portions and beautiful service. Must eat there if your in Columbus.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We were traveling through the Columbus, OHIO area and stopped at a hotel just across the parking lot from Hickory House. We had dinner there and enjoyed the experience. The choice of sandwiches and salads met our needs but there were several other full dinner items we would have considered. The ambiance was comfortable and even a few boisterous table were not annoying as they so often are in many restaurants. The service was friendly and efficient.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Not a frills place, kind of a down to earth steak place, good prices good quality food. Took a bunch of work people here and everyone left full and buzzed, so mission accomplished