“A Buffet Worth One's Time”
Review of Royal Buffet

Royal Buffet
Ranked #133 of 167 Restaurants in Findlay
Cuisines: Chinese
Description: It was formerly a Ryans Buffet
Description: It was formerly a Ryans Buffet
Reviewed 10 May 2017

When the Royal Buffet first opened, I had a few excellent meals, but once in a while the service was lacking. It's a buffet, so I didn't expect too much in the way of service, nevertheless, I didn't get back there for a few years. I went recently and had a very good meal.

The decor is nice--typical for a large Chinese buffet. The selection is the place's strength. There is definitely something for everyone, from onion rings to frog legs to salmon to stuffed mushrooms to Szechuan chicken and broccoli to fried rice. It was all good and I practically rolled out of the place after three very full plates and a little fruit for dessert.

Lunch prices are low and dinner, even on the weekend, is quite reasonable ($11/person).

1  Thank Vincent M

Reviewed 10 February 2017

My husband and I stopped in for a late lunch. We like the variety of hot food they serve. I got baked fish and green beans, fruit salad, and crab salad.

2  Thank Maggie T
Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

I have been to this place several times and have found the two hostess staff to be the most unfriendly and rude people anywhere. It's always the same. My wife and I were there for lunch time on Sunday 12/4/2016. The only reason we tolerate the service is because the hot and sour soup is the best anywhere, otherwise the food is average. The service staff rate a grade of F though, and I wouldn't recommend this place to a stranger as a result.

Reviewed 13 November 2016 via mobile

When you first walk in you expect to see a happy hostess or award winning acting yet last night the hostess looked like it was her day off and they called her in. I watched to see if it was only our interaction but it wasn't. She did the same thing to everyone who she sat. She was about 10 feet in front of them, showed them to their seats and took their drink order with no look of enthusiasm. It's never good going into a place when someone just looked ticked off.

The waitress in our section was not only getting the drink orders filled by the hostess who was 'too busy being angry to help' but also cleaning all of the tables in two sections but also refilling drink orders. There was a rush before we left in other sections but it just would have been nice to help out the waitress out instead of being sassy.

The sushi was okay and not fresh within the last hour but the peanut butter chicken was amazing. As always the selection of ice cream to end the night was good and not frozen like a rock so it was very easy to enjoy!

2  Thank Jason G
Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

We generally do not stop at buffets but we thought we'd try this one just to be different. There was really nothing exceptional or nothing horrible it was just your average Chinese buffet. The service was good and things were kept fresh as one could expect for a buffet. So if you're into buffets this one is probably right up your alley.

1  Thank Steve44883

Been to Royal Buffet? Share your experiences!