“Special place in my heart”
Review of New china inn

New china inn
Ranked #111 of 163 Restaurants in Findlay
Reviewed 17 March 2017

Disclaimer - I worked at New China 40 years ago when they first opened (my first job) and I still have very fond memories of the place. The original owner, Frank Chin, as since retired and left the business to his son. Everyone should know what great citizens of the city they were/are and how great they treated their employees. That isn't often mentioned or understood about some businesses, but in a small town like Findlay I think it is important.

OK - now for the review. The specialty and something I have not found at any other Chinese restaurant is their Almond Boneless Chicken (or as we called it ABC). This is definitely Americanized Chinese and not for the calorie conscious, but ohh so good. Basically tempura fried chicken planks, cut up and drowned in a light brown gravy and a peanut/almond dusting on top. My kids have had me bring this all the way back to Cincinnati for them. My understanding is this dish originated in Chinese restaurants in Detroit - which makes sense since this is where Frank had moved from.

I can also attest to the cleanliness and care they took in the storage and preparation of the food - at least when I worked there. I learned a lot about restaurant rules and proper food care while there and Frank took them seriously.

I don't get back to Findlay as much as I would like, but when I do - I always make a special stop at New China.

Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

This is a family owned business. The food is very good. Love the wonton soup. The place does need to be updated. They have a lot of takeout business. Not busy but it does have a lot of regulars.

Been to New china inn? Share your experiences!