All reviews front desk nice pool nice hotel room was clean ruth maids comfort clerk internet turnpike microwave cereal mall
Reviewed 2 October 2018

I made reservations for 2 double beds. I check in and go to the room and it is a king size, so I had to go back to the office for the correction. I understand that at this moment the property is being renovated. The room has inadequate plugs for the current need for electronics. Breakfast was all cold stuff unless you wanted a EGGO waffle. Juice machine was broken, nothing with protein-all carbs. I drank coffee.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
frommanagement, Front Office Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Elyria, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

I am sorry you were given the wrong type reservation originally. We do have hard boiled eggs which are protein had you wanted that. Our breakfast does consist of everything super 8 requires, and more, and everything that is advertised. We do appreciate your feedback though and wish you, and your loved ones, a great year. Sincerely, Ruth

Reviewed 3 September 2018

Just stopping for a few hours sleep so didn't want to spend a lot. This place was cheap, but not so cheap that I was afraid to stay there. Front desk was helpful enough, although slow. Got to our room and was immediately hit by the smell. Obviously used to be a smoking room. Beds were tiny. There were three of us, so some one had to share. All the furniture was broken and torn up. Just gross.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
frommanagement, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Elyria, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Thank you for time to review us and staying at Super 8 Elyria. We are working hard to satisfy our guest and for that reason we are making sure rooms are in good condition before our guest check in. We don't have any smoking rooms. We are sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay and didn't notify when you check out.
I would like to welcome again when you are in this area and give one more opportunity to serve you better.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Let’s see, where to begin? First, toilet seat/bowl were not clean when we arrived. Only one set of towels, and they are Motel 6 quality. The room is OUTDATED and in desperate need of a complete makeover! The building is rundown and also in need of a severe remodel. Mattress cover has plastic - ugh - and lumpy. Next day (because we just didn’t want to see if other hotels were available), discovered that shower hookups were reversed, so hot was cold and cold was hot. Will say that a/c worked well, next two days the room was better cleaned, relatively quiet inside the room, and staff was pleasant. The area is run down and not the best to feel completely safe. Won’t ever stay here when we come back to Lorain County.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
frommanagement, Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Elyria, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

I am sorry you didn't enjoy your stay. I do appreciate that you let us know about the water issue, it has been fixed, Again, thank you for letting us know what problems you experienced, and for taking time to review your stay. Sincerely, Ruth

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Let’s see.... it’s hard to rate this hotel. I should have known what I was getting, but I was hoping it would be a little better.

It’s a cheap hotel. So if that’s what you need then go for it. It’s not a bad place to stay for a night, but anything more than that is not a good idea.

It’s old, dirty, and rundown. The people who worked there were nice enough.

Trip type: Travelled with family

I am sorry you didn't enjoy your stay W e appreciate your feedback as our guests opinions are important to us. We are an economy brand so we don;t offer all the amenities of the higher priced places but we do have clean roms, and friendly service. I hope you and your loved ones have a super year! Ruth

Reviewed 1 August 2018

The hotel appeared to be alright from the outside. Upon entering the "guestroom" I was disgusted with the dirty, stained and grubby carpeting. So much so that I wouldn't walk on it without shoes. The bathroom was so tiny that the sink was on the outside. The hotel info brochure on the table was coated with some kind of oil/grease and so was the light fixtures by the beds. The outside could also use some maintenance, broken lights, overgrown bushes and unsafe stairs to the second floor. It was ok for an emergency stay, I would not "vacation" there!

Room tip: Make sure your room has a microwave, a lot of good a fridge was without one.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for completing the review of your stay. Our guests opinions are important to us. We have started shampooing carpets and requested that housekeeping pay closer attention to the brochures. Again, thank you and have a great year! Ruth