“A great French experience in Dublin”

La Chatelaine French Bakery
Ranked #1 of 10 Bakeries in Dublin
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 January 2018

I enjoyed a beautiful omelet for breakfast at La Chatelaine. Service was speedy and very pleasant and the food was very tasty. My only regret was that I had a time crunch and wasn't able to sample more items. I'll be back for sure.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

So I was a little turned off by the service, they didn't seem to friendly or helpful. But once I got my coffee I was sold it was amazing. I got the eggs benedict and the mousse cake and each bite was excellent. I honestly didn't have room for dessert but I couldn't pass the amazing selection and not get one. I will be back definitely.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

My family and I enjoyed a very pleasant lunch/brunch at this lovely restaurant. We also bought some beautiful pastries, cookies, and a couple of good loaves of bread to bring home to Indiana. The prices in the bakery were very good; the restaurant portion, I thought a bit overpriced. It worried me that there was almost no one there on a beautiful day at 11:00 a.m. Not being from the area, I have no idea how long the place has been open. We were delighted not to have to wait for a table at all. The cafeteria-style way of serving the food made the service very quick.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

I was in Dublin on business and stopped here for dinner one evening. I was hoping to find a pastry I could return home with as a special treat for a friend. It was near closing time, but the host was very friendly. The atmosphere was charming. I ordered a dish that I couldn’t pronounce & told my server I was interested in a pastry. He invited me to look in the pastry case at the front of the store and made recommendations about which ones would travel home the best. My dinner was delicious and the service was wonderful. I bought two pastries so I could have one as well. It was amazing. I only wish I could be working near this gem of a cafe more often.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Terrific spot for breakfast and also providing nice lunch and dinner as well...!! Think of an informal French version of Cheers - where you can become a regular, see the same pleasant employees of this family run business - have a great time and get solid food every single time. Omelettes, fresh croissants, great coffee, home made bread - makes for an ideal breakfast. And when the weather permits a large outdoor patio provides the perfect touch! Keep up the good work La Chatelaine..!!