“Wonderful, Quaint Little Restaurant ”

La Chatelaine French Bakery
Ranked #1 of 10 Bakeries in Dublin
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

I was in Dublin on business and stopped here for dinner one evening. I was hoping to find a pastry I could return home with as a special treat for a friend. It was near closing time, but the host was very friendly. The atmosphere was charming. I ordered a dish that I couldn’t pronounce & told my server I was interested in a pastry. He invited me to look in the pastry case at the front of the store and made recommendations about which ones would travel home the best. My dinner was delicious and the service was wonderful. I bought two pastries so I could have one as well. It was amazing. I only wish I could be working near this gem of a cafe more often.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Terrific spot for breakfast and also providing nice lunch and dinner as well...!! Think of an informal French version of Cheers - where you can become a regular, see the same pleasant employees of this family run business - have a great time and get solid food every single time. Omelettes, fresh croissants, great coffee, home made bread - makes for an ideal breakfast. And when the weather permits a large outdoor patio provides the perfect touch! Keep up the good work La Chatelaine..!!

Reviewed 23 July 2017

Has a distinct French flavor! We had breakfast-they had many options, I had the Croque Monsieur-it was delicious. Not many bakery items at the time we visited but the rolls were great. (I was looking forward to a chocolate croissant). Had iced tea and they refilled it for me. Excellent food and ambiance, they have a very nice outdoor courtyard.

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Cute place with nice outside patio. Should put someone other than a terse grumpy young man behind the counter for breakfast. It would be nice to be greeted with a smile. I asked if they had almond croissants and he just said no without any information on what else might be good. My husband had a wonderful cranberry muffin and I had a pain au raisin. Very good. I had iced coffee and asked for room for cream. It was filled to the brim. Good food but poor service

Reviewed 28 June 2017

..arrived on a Saturday morning..had an éclair and a fruit tart..French roast café was delish..employees behind the counter was friendly..we appreciated our visit..when we come back to Columbus..we plan to have dinner there...thanks La Chatelaine..sticking to French food treats..