“Elegant French restaurant ”

La Chatelaine French Bakery
Ranked #1 of 9 Bakeries in Dublin
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2015 via mobile

We went there on Sunday morning around 11:00. Outside patio was full and inside tables were about 30% full. We were greeted in French by a French gentleman. We had a breakfast sandwich and ham and cheese sandwich. They were very good, but it was a little pricy. The environment was comfortable and clean. I am going to return for dinner!

Reviewed 13 July 2015

Lovely little French cafe! The coffee I had was smooth and flavorful - the best I've had in a while. My wife had Earl Grey tea that cam in a French press (or maybe it is called an infuser, I don't know my tea terms.)

Reviewed 12 July 2015

Great pastries and café au lait for breakfast. Egg dishes are really tasty as well. They know how to poach an egg. They also have a good lunch soup, salad, and sandwich combination - reasonably priced for what you get.

I wish I could speak more highly of their dinner service - I would avoid the flatbreads, and the cheese plate is underwhelming for a French restaurant. The Dublin location has a great patio and is not a bad spot for a glass of wine on a warm summer night.

1  Thank CBusTraveller
Reviewed 10 June 2015

If you want to feel like you have made a quick get away to a Paris bistro, then this might be your place. I have been a number of times, and have tried a variety of their offerings. Particularly fond of the French Onion Soup, and they put together a mean Caesar Salad.

1  Thank TDNeumann
Reviewed 14 April 2015

Nice spot in Dublin, for some good coffee and a great breakfast. I wasn't expecting to use a tray and go down a line though. Good window seating, rather heavy furniture. The quiche was very light and a really good crust. I was going to get a desert to go after our meal, but I saw a lady who came to work later behind the counter fixing her hairband over and over, and that really turned me off.