“GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!”

Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington
Ranked #89 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 13 September 2017

I was having a bad day on the day of check in. When I got to the Crowne Plaza Columbus North and met Tobias, that all changed. Tobias was great. The original room I booked was not available and he had to put me in a different room. The second room ended up better than the one I originally wanted. For my trouble, Tobias gave me a card for a complimentary breakfast and a drink at the bar. Beyond giving me the free breakfast and drink, Tobias's attitude changed mine. He was happy and I could tell he genuinely loves his job. The next day of my stay I had to print some work documents and there was Tobias again, more than willing to help. He navigated me right through some issues with the computers and fixed me right up. I cannot say enough about Tobias's commitment to customer service. This young man should be teaching others how to properly deliver customer service. He is a true asset to the hotel and the industry. Thank you Tobias, for making a difference in someone's day!

Room Tip: Room 302 was decent
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Steve P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review of the Crowne Plaza Columbus North!
I really appreciate you recognizing Tobias for his excellent work and service he provides. I will share all of your comments with him and we all thank you for being our guest!!

Reviewed 10 September 2017

I had a conference at the Crowne Plaza over Labor Day weekend. Thank Goodness I didn't actually stay there. The meeting rooms/salons/ballrooms were shabby, the carpet was dingy, and the staff was unpleasant.

1  Thank Lisa S
Steve P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
I am very sorry that you did not enjoy the hotel meeting rooms and especially the experience you had with the staff. Your satisfaction is very important to us and I will certainly share all of your comments with the rest of the staff. Please accept my apologies and thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I have been to this hotel many times, however I stayed in a different part of the building this time which was nice because it put me closer to the ballroom where most of the activities were happening. Although the hotel is showing some wear and tear, it is still a nice place to stay and the price was reasonable. The restaurant food is great!

Room Tip: The rooms on the higher floors are very quiet.

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for your review of the Crowne Plaza Columbus North. I really appreciate your loyalty to the hotel and I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We will be undergoing a renovation later this year and we are excited about the wonderful improvements.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We stay with IHG brand quite a lot however this one is very disappointing. First of all, when I arrived at the airport, I called for the shuttle ride. The front desk person told me on the phone, they only serve the airline crewss and asked me to take taxi to the hotel. I told her that the hotel told us there is shuttle service from the airport. Then, she told me that we will have to wait for the next group of airline crews which leaves at 2:30 pm. The airport is 20 minutes drive from the hotel. The customer book shows that with request, the shuttle bus to airport will leave the hotel on the hour. We called the shuttle around 12:45 pm. When the shuttle came around 1:20 pm, the shuttle bus must stoped at a different location since we did not see it, then, the shuttle bus went to another parking location, waited there for over 30 minutes, then came back to the designated location. We did not leave the airport until 2:15. What a terrible service!!
While we were there waiting, Hiliday Inn North, which is about 5 miles away from our hotel sent two vans. The lounge on the 9th floor is practically empty with only a simple coffee machine, water, and some chips. And they did not fill up. It appears the ownership has changed a year ago and cut Ted a lot of service. Crown Plaze suppose to be a higher level than the Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express, however, this one is not even to par. The furniture, linen, lighting are about the level or below Express level. IHG Ned's to check on their hotels more often to make sure the quality is keeping the level of the brand. When we go to Marriott and Hyatt Brand,weI can at least expect the same quality service the name brings. In addition, the internet did not work in the lounge and the machenic could not fix it.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel.

Dear Lv K,
I am very sorry that we did not provide you with the quality stay that you deserve. There is some training and communication that needs immediate improvement and I would love the opportunity to discuss your stay in greater detail. I can be reached at 614-431-6040.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

This place was under construction during the time we visited. I guess it didn't help that our room was right by the wing of the hotel that was under construction. The good part is that it was no noise like you would expect for construction. My partner and I were in town for a conference at OSU which started super early at 8:30am. So I ordered room service breakfast to be delivered in the morning via the door hanger order form. To make a long story short we woke up in the morning to no breakfast and the door hanger order still hanging on the door. ‍♀️This was a huge inconvenience. However, my partner he told management and they gave us a restaurant credit but when he went to the front desk initially the front desk clerk acted as if they didn't know what the room service order form was even though he showed her the room service door knob order form. ‍♀️ The bed was super comfy and the restaurant was meh. I ordered a New York strip and it was breaded as well as being covered with gravy ‍♀️. Needless to say I was disappointed who breads and gravy a New York strip. The pool was hard to get to as well becuase of the construction. There is no vending or ice machine on the first floor because of the construction. With all that said, I would stay here again, I wouldn't eat at the restaurant and I would get up early enough to go out and grab breakfast.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for your very informative review of the Crowne Plaza Columbus North. We are making some improvements to the hotel and will be undergoing a very extensive renovation later this year. We make every effort to ensure that there is no noise early in the morning and all work is finished prior to 6pm. I will pass along your comments regarding the restaurant food and especially the NY Strip to our Chef. I have never seen a NY Strip breaded as well so I am not sure why the kitchen team would prepare your steak that way. I am sorry for the issue with your breakfast as well and I will share all of your comments with the rest of the team.
Steve P

Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
3.0 km away
2.9 km away
Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington
2.7 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Worthington

Been to Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington? Share your experiences!