All reviews room was clean the indoor outdoor pool breakfast buffet hot tub an older hotel checking in road noise first floor booked this hotel shower head microwave and fridge good nights sleep lobby bar would stay here again great rate a nice place to stay king bed
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

This place was under construction during the time we visited. I guess it didn't help that our room was right by the wing of the hotel that was under construction. The good part is that it was no noise like you would expect for construction. My partner and I were in town for a conference at OSU which started super early at 8:30am. So I ordered room service breakfast to be delivered in the morning via the door hanger order form. To make a long story short we woke up in the morning to no breakfast and the door hanger order still hanging on the door. ‍♀️This was a huge inconvenience. However, my partner he told management and they gave us a restaurant credit but when he went to the front desk initially the front desk clerk acted as if they didn't know what the room service order form was even though he showed her the room service door knob order form. ‍♀️ The bed was super comfy and the restaurant was meh. I ordered a New York strip and it was breaded as well as being covered with gravy ‍♀️. Needless to say I was disappointed who breads and gravy a New York strip. The pool was hard to get to as well becuase of the construction. There is no vending or ice machine on the first floor because of the construction. With all that said, I would stay here again, I wouldn't eat at the restaurant and I would get up early enough to go out and grab breakfast.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Steve P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for your very informative review of the Crowne Plaza Columbus North. We are making some improvements to the hotel and will be undergoing a very extensive renovation later this year. We make every effort to ensure that there is no noise early in the morning and all work is finished prior to 6pm. I will pass along your comments regarding the restaurant food and especially the NY Strip to our Chef. I have never seen a NY Strip breaded as well so I am not sure why the kitchen team would prepare your steak that way. I am sorry for the issue with your breakfast as well and I will share all of your comments with the rest of the team.

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

The wife and I stayed here the 18th and 19th. It was a great stay. Started off at the front desk. The attendance were Tobias and Brooke. They did a great job at helping us out also helped with the buffet arrangements. The breakfast buffet was great. The room was nice and clean. So was the bathroom. There were 2 weddings when we went so hotel was busy. The pool area was nice and has a nice size hot tub. Overall great stay. Will stay again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review of the Crowne Plaza Columbus North! I really appreciate you recognizing Brooke and Tobias for their excellent work and I will share your kind words with them. We hope to see you again very soon and thank you for being our guest!

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

I've read the many mixed reviews here, but stayed one night on our way back home because it's conveniently off the interstate and the price was great. It's a obviously an older hotel, newly redecorated. But it is clean, very comfortable bed, upscale bedding, towels and toiletries. Plenty of outlets for your devices, coffeemaker and small fridge. Yes there are areas still needing attention. The bathroom is small and the new wallpaper isn't done well (not a big deal!). Still you can see they must be in process of improving it. The tub and surrounding is old, but shower head is newer and good. Our room has a king bed and sofa and is very nice! It meets all of our needs. We will stay here again!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Steve P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for your very informative review of the Crowne Plaza Columbus North. We appreciate you recognizing the clean hotel and comfortable beds! We are in the beginning stages of a renovation as we are replacing all of the tub walls currently as well as the courtyard. We do hope you stay with us again the next time your travels take you back to Columbus!

Reviewed 23 August 2017

I booked this hotel through a third-party, (such as Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, trip advisor, or Expedia). Both Priceline and travelocity, state that the hotel has a free airport shuttle. However, I called this hotel the day before I was supposed to arrive, to ask about how to contact the airport shuttle, and they said that they do not honor the free airport shuttle if I booked through third-party! This was a dealbreaker for me, since I could get a free airport shuttle from another hotel, so I told them they needed to fix the problem for me. Their solution was to reimburse me the money and ask me to book a different hotel. So I did.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Dear Rachel V,
I am very sorry for the confusion and for the way this situation was handled. We are checking the 3rd party sites again to ensure they have to correct information. We do not currently have an airport shuttle however we do have a few groups that have it included in their contracts. Please except my apologies and I will be addressing your concerns with the rest of the team.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

The room was clean but the closet shelf was coming out of the wall so couldn't use it, the shower kept running constantly, sink and tub drained very slowly, and the toilet wouldn't flush properly. Too much traffic noise. Staff working the desk and restaurant were great. Looks like they are renovating the pool area. Hope they renovate the inside too.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor rooms to help with traffic noise.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for recognizing our great Front Office and Restaurant teams! I will make sure to pass along your kind words. I am very sorry for the issues you had with the drain and closet and I know the issues have been corrected.
We are beginning a renovation of the hotel now and are excited for the wonderful improvements that are coming.
Thank you for being our guest!