“Renovated and renewed!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Madison, Wisconsin
“Renovated and renewed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

I have stayed in this hotel at least 6 times over the past 15 years and I have to admit that when I was booked here by a conference bureau, my expectations were quite low. Based on my previous visits, I expected a somewhat shabby, convention hotel experience. Wow, was I pleasantly surprised. This hotel has been completely renovated in the last year and the results of the renovations are dramatic. I was booked into a 20th floor room with double beds but the room was fantastic. The styling of the rooms is sleek and modern, the linens are top notch, the room was spotless and of course the Hyatt amenities are excellent. The TV and radio/ipod dock were modern and easy to operate and the channel selection on the TV was great. I was in Columbus for work and the internet charges were $10/24 hours which is quite reasonable for this class of hotel. Checkin and checkout were both easy and I cannot do anything but rave about room service. Both nights that I stayed in this hotel, I was busy and ordered dinner delivered to my room. I have never experienced faster room service and have to say I don't recall having food this good.
Overall, I was more than surprised at the changes in this hotel and highly recommend it. The only downside that I experienced was in the business center as i wanted to print a 20 page document but was deterred by the $1.00 per PAGE printing fee. Other than that experience, my stay at the Columbus Hyatt was pleasantly surprising!

2 Thank MackinacGal
Tim_Dant, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our hotel! We are very proud of the changes to the hotel due to the $12 million renovation we underwent last year. I hope your conference travel needs continue to bring you to the Columbus area so that we may once again have you as our guest!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Trumbull, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

Another of my frequent hotels for business. This Hyatt location has oversized rooms with updated furnishings. The staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfast (included as a Diamond member) is excellent with choice of fruit, yogurt, pastries and made-to-order omelets. Location is close to the arena district and plenty of restaurants in walking district although I do miss the Hyatt on Capitol Square for ease of access to business clients.

On my last visit I was upgraded to one of their suites. The suite was pretty impressive with lots of extras including complementary wine and a full size fridge stocked with waters and soft-drinks. It was also decked out with a Bose surround system int he living room and the dinning room and an office space with a private computer and printer for in-room use.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite for longer stays or if you have guests travelling with you.
1 Thank foodie4travel
Thank you for your wonderful comments about Hyatt Regency Columbus. I am so glad you were able to experience the comfort and elegance of one of our suites! I hope you will continue to think of the Hyatt Regency Columbus for your business travel needs in the Columbus area.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

I've stayed at this hotel several times, most recently for a one night business trip. I had a good experience but had some issues at check in. The rooms were clean and nicely decorated - comfortable beds, nice showers. Wifi coverage was good but a bit sluggish. First room that I was placed in made a loud knocking sound when the wind would blow (which was often). Upon letting the front desk know, rather than just move me to a different room, they sent engineering to my room to try to fix it for about an hour....I had to push a conference call.... Eventually, they did move me and the stay then became what a Hyatt stay should be. Comfortable and convenient. I did drop a star off my rating above because of the inconvenience that I was put through with the room issue.

I would stay here again. I think I just caught them on a bad day....

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hyatt Regency Columbus!
Let me first apologize for the inconvenience you experienced while waiting for the knocking sound in your room to be identified and fixed. I am happy that we were able to remedy the situation with a room change and that you went on to have a great guest experience. I'm pleased that you chose Hyatt Regency Columbus for your business travel needs once again, and hope that you will continue to do so.
Barrington, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

at a Hyatt Regency! But alas, they were thin and rough. The room was nice enough - although as a Diamond Member I would have liked to get an upgrade! But I was disappointed that after we returned to your room at 3pm, it had still not been cleaned! Our daughter was checking in later in the day and when we went to the desk at 4pm to get her key the room was still not ready - and there was a teary-eyed woman at the front desk who had been waiting for her room to be ready and had a wedding to get ready for and was told her room was still not ready!
We like the proximity of this hotel to Nationwide Arena, but next time I might try the Hampton Inn!! And their parking/valet system leaves a lot to be desired - a fifteen minute wait for the car!

Room Tip: We stayed on a high floor - but the elevator was packed every time we tried to get in and out
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tim_Dant, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your room linen expectations. We value our Diamond Members loyalty to Hyatt, and any suggestions you have for improvements to the hotel and/or our service is appreciated. I apologize for the delay your daughter experienced in gaining access to her room in a timely manner, and for the delays you experienced in getting your vehicle from our valet. I hope the next time you find yourself in the Columbus area, and in need of accommodations, you will allow us to restore your faith in the Hyatt product.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

A group of colleagues and I stayed in two rooms at the Columbus Hyatt. One of the rooms was a regular room, and the other was a suite. Check in was quick and efficient. I liked that there were several options for dining and entertainment. Also, I was very happy that the convention center is attached, meaning, I could come and go to the center without a coat. Also, taking things back to the room was a snap. The wait staff was very helpful, cheerful, and informative. From the valet, front desk, concierge, to the house keepers, bar tenders, and waiters, the Hyatt was a good experience. The beds were comfortable, and the water pressure was hot and steady. If I had some minor negatives, they would be: 1) $10 fee PER DEVICE per day for internet. 2) Slow and congested elevators 3) no microwave in the rooms (not even in the suite).

Room Tip: Rooms on the first two floors have free internet, because you can tie into the guest internet from t...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Columbus! We love the convenience our location affords guests that have business at the Convention Center, and I am glad you were able to take advantage of it. Please note that we do have microwaves available upon guest request, and that we offer complimentary internet access in all of our public areas. I am pleased that our staff provided you a pleasant stay, and look forward to being of service the next time you find yourself in need of accommodation in the Columbus area.