“Third time a charm”

Ranked #6 of 19 Columbus B&B and Inns
Marion, Ohio
“Third time a charm”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Our third trip to the lofts,
Stayed two nights in the garden suite
suite was very nice
staff was very helpful
suite was clean
bed was comfortable
the extras ...... were very nice (2 bottles water,buckeye crunch,bath salts)
only small drawback the tub wasn't a whirlpool,,,,,,,
great stay,,,,,,,,, will be back

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tig2811

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Vermilion, Ohio
Reviewed 13 February 2012

The concierge Erick McNeal could not have been more accommedating! He made our initial reservations and continued to care for us throughout the stay. We stayed at the Lofts for the weekend of our sons 13th birthday and every staff member made him feel very special. Erick made sure that we had everything we could need and when we asked for assistance with anything he was very friendly and quick with fulfilling our request. From the clean rooms, to the assistance with transportation to and from the Palace theater everyone else was also very kind and attentive. I left my phone behind and when I called they were very kind and assured me that it was locked up and that I would be contacted within 24 hours by a manager to arrange shipment. This was truly a welcoming, comforting, unique experience! I would reccomend the Lofts for anyone looking to get away with out any hassle and a great experience!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Bridgeport, West Virginia
Reviewed 11 January 2012

I tried making reservations online but found that there were no double bed rooms available so I tried calling the reservation number to see if there was a cancellation list we could get our name on. The gentleman that helped me was accommodating and booked me a room right away. I told him I was traveling with 2 adults and 2 children and needed double beds in the room. He said no problem and took my reservation for a NON-REFUNDABLE rate. Upon reviewing my reservation, he mentioned a King room and I re-stated that I absolutely required a double. He told me he was changing the reservation and it was taken care of, no problem. When I looked at my reservation confirmation that came through my e-mail (thank goodness I read and reviewed it), it stated that I still had a King reserved with a rollaway requested! I was not told this by the representative in any way. I was only assured that my reservation had been corrected. Felt very much like bait and switch.

Today, I decided to call the reservation line again to clarify and double check the situation. This is when I reached Diane at the national reservation number. Diane was dismissive, rude, and extremely unhelpful. I told her my story and she said there was nothing she could do, my rate was non-refundable, and the only thing she could do was transfer me to the actual hotel to see if there were doubles available. Well, we already knew there were none of those available. I explained that it was national reservation line that made a mistake and that she should offer more than, “welp, nuttin’ I can do.”

She transferred me to Philip, the concierge at the actual site in Columbus. Philip was helpful, kind, and understanding. I explained the situation to him and he said he would look into the situation, work with the hotel manager and resolve the problem.

Philip resolved the situation by offering us room at another nearby hotel. I am pleased we have a place to lay our head that is in the same location, so the matter is essentially resolved.
But not without problems to be sure. Just make sure you are getting what you asked for in your reservation before you go! Imagine if I hadn't read that email!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank terrikwv
crownekate, General Manager at The Lofts Hotel, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding our hotel. I am happy that after we reviewed your comments that we were able to secure the room type you were looking for at The Lofts after receiving a cancellation from another guest. I am thrilled that we were able to resolve this unfortunate situation to your satisfaction. We look forward to having you as our guest soon. I truly apologize that you did not receive the level of service expected at our central reservations office and hope to exceed your expectations once you stay at our hotel. At Your Service, Kathyrn Burton, General Manager
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 3 December 2011

The Lofts is a small (48 rooms) hotel just across the street from the Columbus Convention Center. It is next door to and shares some services (valet parking, pool, gym) with the Crowne Plaza. But The Lofts is an entirely different place. Being a rehabbed warehouse, the ceilings are high (10' I think) and unfinished, giving it a real loft feel. My room was enormous -- maybe 550 square feet. I had enough room to set up my yoga mat, which is rare for most hotels. The bed was very comfortable, with very nice linens and pillows. The desk was very large, which was great because I had a lot of work with me. The wifi was supposed to be an extra charge, but the concierge gave me the code. The bathrooms are spacious and include Aveda products. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Some rooms look right out at a parking garage - if you want a view, ask not to be in one of those ro...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share the wonderful experience you had at our hotel with others on tripadvisor.com. I agree, we have GREAT rooms! There are no other rooms like them anywhere in the city, we are truly unique and our size allows us the opportunity to truly get to know our guests and provide the personalized service they expect! I'm glad you were able to truly enjoy the open essence of the Lofts, which is wonderfully conducive to practicing yoga. We thank you for your business and hope to have you as our guest again soon. At Your Service, Kathyrn Burton, General Manager
Mentone, Alabama
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We spent Thanksgiving at the Lofts. The staff was great and the room was unique. We loved how they took an old building, re-modeled it showing some of the old beams-- love the history of the area. The only issue we had has the bed. If you like a firm mattress, then this is the place for you. The bed was too firm for us.
We loved the place.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing Thanksgiving with us at The Lofts Hotel. I agree, it is a wonderful place to experience a "Great City Escape". We thank you for your business and hope to have you again as our guest soon! All My Best, Kathyrn Burton, General Manager