“Great atmosphere”
Review of The Guild House

The Guild House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Guild House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 2,339 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Guild House is our artisan eatery featuring creative American cuisine available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We proudly source locally grown ingredients whenever possible. Our chefs collaborate to create seasonal offerings that are regionally and globally inspired, all with artistic technique in an energetic and inviting space. Our wine list includes wines from around the world that are diverse and carefully selected, and our bar chefs craft fresh squeezed juices and spirits with skillful passion. Our restaurant is kid friendly, so bring your whole family. Book your reservation today!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Started with good cocktails followed by Brussels sprout salad that was delicious plus partner had beet salad that was equally tasty. I had the lamb burger that was fully cooked but not dried out at all, partner had delicious snapper. Great slot. Large space but quiet enough fot conversation.
Jbs
Space is. Lean.
You

Reviewed 2 April 2018

This was my first time in Ohio and I was pleasantly surprised at how lovely this restaurant was. Maybe it's just me being a snobbish New Yorker - I was expecting more Mom & Pop-type joints and horrible chain restaurants to dominate the area. The Guild House was visually stunning (high ceilings, glass partition for the backlit bar, birch log and manzanita branch decor, green glass chandeliers, heavy wood tables, fireplace, soft leather sofa, near-passable fake Eames chairs) and the food was beautifully presented and memorable.

I ordered the snapper and BF had the sea bass. The snapper wasn't drowning in brown butter and was almost sinfully succulent and flavorful. The vegetables cut through the richness marvelously. The sea bass, presented in a lobster broth, was a tad bit over-salted for my palate was just fine for the BF. For dessert, we had their signature chocolate cherry sundae, with dark chocolate ice cream, cherry granita, cherry compote, and chocolate cake. The portion was generous for the price ($9) and was definitely meant to share. Our server, Aubry, was super friendly and helpful, and didn't rush us at all.

I do have to mention that I felt a little bit overdressed - most people showed up in hoodies and fleece vests, which I found odd. Maybe it's just a regional thing.

CMRinfo, Guest Relations Manager at The Guild House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thanks for the review! We are really glad that you enjoyed your dining experience with us while in Ohio! The Guild House is one of many Cameron Mitchell Restaurants not only in Columbus but across the country, and we can assure you all of which are exceptional! We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed 24 March 2018

I've had the pleasure of eating here on a few occasions. I've had breakfast, lunch and dinner. Everything - has been fantastic. In fact, The Guild House was so good for dinner the other night it was the first time in a very long time that I thought to myself "That was so good I'm going back there as soon as I can." The pork with sweet cabbage was amazing. The service is also outstanding. You can't beat the combination of tasty food and good service.

CMRinfo, Guest Relations Manager at The Guild House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Thank you for the kind words and the 5-star review!

Reviewed 23 March 2018

There was a group of seven of us with varying tastes and we did visit twice within four days so that shows you how much we enjoyed it.

The burrata toast was amazing. Someone else raved about the brussels and had them on both the visits. Everything we had we all enjoyed. Food was all fantastic (rib eye was perfection).

The service was great both times. Atmosphere is great.

Also close to the convention centre so convenient if you are there for work purposes.

Also great for couples, friends of for business associates.

Thank you for the kind words and the feedback! We value you as a guest and look forward to providing you with a 5-star experience in the future!

Reviewed 11 March 2018

We had lunch here and it was excellent. The waiter suggested plates for us, and we loved them all. The Brussel sprouts were outstanding. We also had breakfast here, and the steak and eggs were perfect.

CMRinfo, Guest Relations Manager at The Guild House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Thank you for the kind words and the 5-star review Paul!