“Will never stay here again”

Comfort Suites - Columbus / Clara St
Ranked #72 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Will never stay here again”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This was one of the worst hotels we have ever stayed. The room was dirty, the wireless was not strong enough to even get a signal, the pool had wet towels all over the deck, the pool restroom was plugged and looked like no one had checked it in days. To top it off, Comfort Suites is now putting 2 Peppermint Patties on your bed for arrival, only problem was that one of ours had a bite taken out of it. We will definately never stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Crashdavis95
Hotel_Management242, General Manager at Comfort Suites - Columbus / Clara St, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
We sincerely apologize for your inconvenience. We are making extra efforts to provide a cleaner room and general area. We have been getting a lot more positive feedback from our guests. You can check our reviews on expedia.com. We would appreciate if you give us one more opportunity to serve you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Lakewood, Ohio
Reviewed 18 February 2012

A word of warning. Look at your bill in the morning. They charged me for having the safe in my room. I didn't ask for it. I never got the combination. Just be aware.
The hotel was nice. It is next door to the Ohio State fairgrounds. They do allow pets. I didn't have one, but it might be good for others. My room did not smell of animals. The room was spacious; however, the love seat cushions were worn on both sides. There were dust bunnies in the corners, and the one light did not work. I let them know, and maybe they fixed it after my stay. Who knows.
I had made reservations through choicehotels.com, the reservation I made was for two King suites. I got a king handicapped suite and a queen suite. Not a surprise for Choice Hotels. The pool looked nice. Small. But it closed fairly early.
Unless you are going to the State fair, there is nothing within walking distance. The hotel is conveniently next to I-71. That can be good or bad. I never heard the highway from my room.
The table tents in the room tell you that you need a network cable to access the internet. They have WiFi, just turn on your computer.

Room Tip: Top floors always have less noise.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
PA
Reviewed 2 November 2011

We stay here every year in Oct. For the Quarter Horse Congress. The room is clean, staff is helpful, foreign but friendly and knowledgeable. I'm sure the hotel is fully booked with "horse people" so that may take care of the "local trouble." There is activity 24 hours a day with the horse show. Very convenient to fairgrounds, would stay there in a heartbeat!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2011
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 13 October 2011

We arrived to an empty lobby, had to wait for assistance. While checking in I advised Clerk that I travel with a Medical Service Dog and we were assigned a room next to the lobby. Not a bad thing in itself for convenience to walk the dog, but the room was a disgusting mess.
We no more than got in and sat down and a swarm of ants were taking over the bathroom and carrying food crumbs across the carpet in the seating area. The sofa was broken down and nearly sank to the floor when sat on, the bathroom faucet dripped non stop, and the worst of all was the Air Conditioner... it did not work, well kinda at first, and before we went to bed I tried to readjust the settings as it was getting stuffy and the air didn't smell nice. By 2AM the air was just blowing warm air, and it smelled dusty. In the Morning when I could turn on lights without disturbing the family, I found the Air Filter was coated with about a 1/4 inch of dirt, and who knows how long it had been since it had been changed. I took it to the front desk and was told they change them at least once a month.... NO WAY. We were promised the A/C would be fixed and the room cleaned before we return later today... well, that didn't happen either. So after complaining they did swap rooms and this one is not so bad. I honestly feel they gave us the crappy room because I have a disability and have a service dog. Violation of the Americans with Disability Act. I am not a low class citizen, and deserve better treatment than this. A formal complaint will be sent to Comfort Suites head office.

Room Tip: I would look anywhere else and only stay here if all the other rooms in Columbus are on fire.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Lake Odessa, Michigan
Reviewed 30 August 2011

I was very worried about this place after reading others reviews however it was next to the expo center where we were going to be for the weekend for the Clinton Anderson tour. The rooms were very nice, clean and the staff was wonderful. The man behind the front desk gave us great directions to various things around town to see and do. The breakfast was a great breakfast with something for everyone and what was supposed to be hot was hot and what was to be cold was cold. We did not use the pool, however it looked great and very clean. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would absolutely be back again if we were in the area. Not a single complaint from my family!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family