“Wonderful place to stay!”

Comfort Suites - Columbus / Clara St
Ranked #69 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 30 August 2011

I was very worried about this place after reading others reviews however it was next to the expo center where we were going to be for the weekend for the Clinton Anderson tour. The rooms were very nice, clean and the staff was wonderful. The man behind the front desk gave us great directions to various things around town to see and do. The breakfast was a great breakfast with something for everyone and what was supposed to be hot was hot and what was to be cold was cold. We did not use the pool, however it looked great and very clean. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would absolutely be back again if we were in the area. Not a single complaint from my family!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 July 2011

There wasn't anything absolutely terrible about out stay, but nothing fabulous either. The front desk area is large and contains the breakfast area and seating area. There are missing and broken tiles and overall ragged appearance. The room, though the fixtures and furniture were tired and dated, was clean. There was an area with the fridge/microwave, a seating area, table and chairs and beds. The bed area felt crowded with one bed almost against the wall. There was one TV that you couldn't see very well while seated on the sofa. The AC worked initially, but at some point in the night, it stopped cycling and smelled like something was burning. They automatically add the safe fee to your bill. Didn't think that was appropriate--you might try asking them upfront to leave that off. The location is across the street from the state fair grounds. Overall, the neighborhood feels a little unsafe. The breakfast was better than average. There was plenty of food, it was fresh and hot. The pool was small and looked a little cloudy. If we needed to, I would stay here again, but it definitely isn't on my list of favorites.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2011

Soon after we arrived, we noticed the ladies walking around here seemed a little odd. I told my husband that I believe this is a hooker hotel. It is now 3:45 am and it is a hooker hotel. I
have one working right across the hall from us. I can not wait for the sun to come up and us to leave. There is no way the hotel owners don't know this is going on in here.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2011

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel when we went to OSU for an orientation. it was clean, people were hospitable, food was warm and fresh...does not sound at all like the same hotel these other guests speak of! We are coming back to Columbus in July..planning to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank missingmauiOhio
Reviewed 23 April 2011

Worst hotel we have ever stay in.Found a dead BED BUG on Bed.Had to have suitcases an clothes Debug when we got home.Insect bug spray was in hallway when house keepers were cleaning rooms.Not a can but a 2 1/2 gallon jug.Breakfast buffet was cold an late.Swimming Pool was under repair!!!!!!!Terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bit42
ciasdt, Manager at Comfort Suites - Columbus / Clara St, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2011

Dear Valued Guest,
First of all I would like to thank you for choosing our location as your home away from home.

I would like to respond to your review to clarify and explain further the scenario to our potential guest.

Yes the day that the guest stayed there was a 1 bug/insect found in there room. It was a beetle not a bed bug. Bed bugs are found in groups not in a single unit. After the guest left we had an emergency visit from our exterminator to make sure that bed bugs were not the cause for this bad review the room passed and no bed bugs were found.

Due to the affordability we prefer to buy the 2 ½ gallon dispenser versus the can because we get more of the product and we save money buying it in bulk. Which in today’s economy if we can cut the cost in certain items why not do so?

I apologize for you breakfast not meeting your standards. Thanks to your feedback we are now checking our gauges on the buffet to ensure that all the hot items are kept hot. We are doing this to insure that we do not have a repeat mistake.

I would like to also clear up to you and other future guest that our pool is not under construction. We have an outdoor pool that is not only open from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend.

Please accept my sincere apologies to you our valued guest and I want to do whatever possible to make things right and hopefully in the future you can give us another chance.
I also want to thank you for your review your feed back is going to help us improve our facility to make the next guest stay better.

Thank you for your time. Have a great day.

Diana