“Well-managed hotel, clean room at a fair rate”

Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 146 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 4 December 2017

Also my first time at a Drury and I was overall pleased. Just giving honest opinions, though still 5/5 stars and I'd stay here again.

PROS:
- Staff was, for the most part, friendly and helpful.
- Room was large and clean.
- Convention Center food and shops are connected to the inn by an interior corridor; a big plus. Staff should make a better effort to explain this.
- Breakfast and dinner were included (yes, dinner free - rare at this price range).
- Breakfast was nice - much better than the barebones bagel and cereal, but not a full-fare menu.
- Dinner was chicken tenders, baked potato, hot dogs, salad, soup and some others. I just appreciated that it was included though tip to GM: "Proper attire is required" while serving "hot dogs" is a bit paradoxical.
- A "green" drive for the environment enables guests to decline housekeeping services. If I'd stayed longer, I'd do so; nothing worse than having a housekeeper bust open your door while sleeping. Nice option which can benefit both the inn and guest, if desired.
- Still, housekeeping was quiet and respectful here which was a big plus to me. Even at some higher-priced chains, they obnoxiously make hallway noise, pound on doors, etc. They were very discrete here. Thank you, Drury.

NEUTRAL:
- As others say, it is indeed a dark room; unless you turn on all the lights and open the blinds. You can sleep well in total darkness, if desired. I personally liked this, though others might feel differently.
- Also as others say, the plumbing in nearby rooms is a bit louder than average. When your neighbors shower, you know it.

CONS:
- Maybe this was unique to my room, but the pillows were flat, yellow, stained by sweat. The cases were tattered and worn. I complained to the desk. Two hours later (long wait?), I had a smiling staff rep at the door to replace them. I've stayed in much cheaper rooms and had better, firmer, cleaner pillows.
- A little sign out front saying where to park while checking in, would help. New guests are confused over whether there's valet, what's legal and what's not... no striping, no signs...

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

We had booked the hotel for a concert we were attending at Nationwide Arena. We knew the hotel was sold out and would be crowed. I have travel all over the world and have never experienced such amazing, friendly staff at any hotel I’ve stayed at. Everyone around seemed to truly enjoy their jobs. Even the manager Chris would lend a hand to wipe down tables and take out trash during the kick back meals, which was great.. there was enough choices for our 2 picky children and the 3 comp drinks were great! When we checked in there was a line at that moved very quickly and with in minutes we were in our rooms. Parking is $12 in a garage attached to the hotel. The rooms were spacious and very clean and for a hotel mattress it was comfy. The breakfast was wonderful and had so many choices. The arena is a short walk straight up the street so the location was perfect. I would never stay anywhere else when visiting the Arena District in Columbus!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Marie K
Reviewed 29 November 2017

My girlfriend and I came to Columbus to see a Blue Jackets game and found this hotel. It was awesome! 7 minute walk to the Arena, dinner and breakfast served..and a swimming pool! The room was clean and has a microwave and little fridge. Awesome service, location and staff!

Stayed: November 2017
1  Thank John F
Reviewed 15 November 2017

Stayed here last week when our usual Hilton was booked up. It's a bit tired and dark, and our room definitely smelled like it had been smoked in previously, but it was clean otherwise and very quiet and the woman at check-in was friendly and helpful and they offer food and drinks to guests, so it was fine and we'd stay there again if we can't get into the Hilton. Our suite was also quite large, which was nice for three of us.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

The location is great if you’re doing anything in the arena district. We were greeted by friendly staff & mgmt when we arrived & checked in promptly. Parking was easy & the elevator in the ramp took us right up to our room. The rates are reasonable, the king suite was enormous & my travel partner was pleased to find complimentary coffee/coffee maker in the room on a very cold afternoon. The bed was comfy, we had enough blankets/pillows & bath towels & everything was very clean. The one tiny complaint my friend had was that the sofa sleeper was lumpy - but I’ve never known a sofa sleeper that wasn’t.

So did I mention Happy Hour? 3 free drinks per adult AND free taco/baked potato bar. Again, perfect on a cold evening. The breakfast buffet was just what we needed the next morning - more than enough choices of hot & cold breakfast items, coffee/juice etc. & a clean, cheerful gathering place to make our plans for the day.

We both agreed that the next time we’re in Columbus for a Blue Jackets game, this is where we’ll stay.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends