Also my first time at a Drury and I was overall pleased. Just giving honest opinions, though still 5/5 stars and I'd stay here again.
- Staff was, for the most part, friendly and helpful.
- Room was large and clean.
- Convention Center food and shops are connected to the inn by an interior corridor; a big plus. Staff should make a better effort to explain this.
- Breakfast and dinner were included (yes, dinner free - rare at this price range).
- Breakfast was nice - much better than the barebones bagel and cereal, but not a full-fare menu.
- Dinner was chicken tenders, baked potato, hot dogs, salad, soup and some others. I just appreciated that it was included though tip to GM: "Proper attire is required" while serving "hot dogs" is a bit paradoxical.
- A "green" drive for the environment enables guests to decline housekeeping services. If I'd stayed longer, I'd do so; nothing worse than having a housekeeper bust open your door while sleeping. Nice option which can benefit both the inn and guest, if desired.
- Still, housekeeping was quiet and respectful here which was a big plus to me. Even at some higher-priced chains, they obnoxiously make hallway noise, pound on doors, etc. They were very discrete here. Thank you, Drury.
- As others say, it is indeed a dark room; unless you turn on all the lights and open the blinds. You can sleep well in total darkness, if desired. I personally liked this, though others might feel differently.
- Also as others say, the plumbing in nearby rooms is a bit louder than average. When your neighbors shower, you know it.
- Maybe this was unique to my room, but the pillows were flat, yellow, stained by sweat. The cases were tattered and worn. I complained to the desk. Two hours later (long wait?), I had a smiling staff rep at the door to replace them. I've stayed in much cheaper rooms and had better, firmer, cleaner pillows.
- A little sign out front saying where to park while checking in, would help. New guests are confused over whether there's valet, what's legal and what's not... no striping, no signs...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests of Drury Inn & Suites in downtown Columbus have easy access to the Greater Columbus Convention Center through an adjoining walkway. The hotel is close to other downtown attractions like the Short North Arts District and The Ohio State University. Shopping at North Market or catching a game in the Arena district is just a short walk away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Agoda, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Hotel Columbus
- Drury Inn And Suites Columbus Convention Center
- Drury Inn Columbus
- Drury Inn Hotel Columbus
- Drury Columbus
- Columbus Drury
- Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center Ohio