“Best Breakfast in Central Ohio”
Review of Skillet

Skillet
Ranked #52 of 2,243 Restaurants in Columbus
Price range: USD 9 - USD 18
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Seasonal, farm to table comfort classics with an urban edge. Always ingredient driven, with complex flavors, but never complicated.
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
“Best Breakfast in Central Ohio”
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Wow. My family and I were in town for a wedding and stopped by because we had seen the PBS show that featured Skillet among unique breakfast spots. I have to say I was blown away. The food is marketed as locally grown and that really shows in the taste. Many of the items are normal breakfast fare with a twist. For example: instead of eggs from a chicken, they might be from a duck. Instead of toast for your breakfast sandwich, you get exceptional brioche.

Please note that you may have to wait for a table as the seating area is small and the popularity is growing fast. I would also advice those that have never been (or haven't gone in a while) to check the menu before making the trip as they seem to change the menu based on the season.

• Visited October 2010
5 Thank srstravels

Baltimore, MD
“Doing the farm to table thing well!”
Reviewed 14 June 2011

My in-laws always complain there's no good food in Columbus. Skillet was great food. A friend took my husband and I there for brunch on a visit to town. The dining room is not big, but roomy enough. I loved all the music that was playing and even wished I asked what was playing once.
But the food is the stand out here. It's fresh, farm-to-table fare. I had a mushroom, potato bacon, hash with fried eggs and I didn't leave a crumb on the plate. My husband licked his plate of andouile sausage gravy and biscuits clean as well. We took a blueberry scone home with us to eat on the plane ride home. It was delicious as well. The price was reasonable as well.
This is one place I was requesting my in-laws take me to the next time I'm in town! And I'm looking forward to it.

• Visited June 2011
3 Thank rmcitykitty
Columbus, Ohio
“Hands down a sublimely executed wholesome yet exquisite experience.”
Reviewed 24 April 2011

Local and organic, yet somewhat gourmet and very delicious: get there early or take it out as the dining room is tiny. Well worth the wait, however.

• Visited April 2011