Hilton Columbus/Polaris
USD 152*
USD 170*
USD 210*
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Port Columbus(Columbus)(Great Value!)
USD 102*
USD 153*
USD 141*
Sheraton.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsexecutive floorshopping and restaurantsnorth sidenice hotelfire pitroom serviceexcellent staybreakfast buffetcomfortable bedsconvenient locationeasy accessbusiness tripgreat place to stayhot tubfitness centerfront desk staffshuttle service
Reviewed 1 March 2012

This newer Hilton property is a must-stay in the Columbus area! It's immaculate, modern, comfortable and in an excellent location with tons of restaurant and shopping choices! I stay there regularly for business and even brought my family to the hotel over the holidays and enjoyed the mall and the nice indoor pool.

I recently had the most amazing experience! I realized when I got home that I left 2 gold rings (1 was a wedding band!) on the nightstand in my room. I called the hotel over 24 hours after checking out and asked if housekeeping found them. I assumed they were gone! I was VERY PLEASED to hear that a housekeeper named "Irma" found them and turned them in. I think this says volumes for the staff and quality of this hotel and Irma should be "Employee of the Month" for doing what's right! I'm a Diamond member with Hilton and this reinforces my loyalty to this brand.

Thank you....Thank you....Thank you!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Assumed this would be your standard Hilton Hotel and pretty much knew what to expect. However, the Hilton Polaris exceeded my expectations. From the Shuttle Drivers who took me to and from hotel to airport to the front desk staff to the restaurnt personnel, every staff member was especially friendly, professional, accomodating, pleasant, attentive, and made a big difference, during my 2 night stay. The location is great too, only 15 min. ride from airport (complimentary shuttle service) and close to many restaurants and the Polaris Mall.

Requested a quiet room (was in Columbus due to sudden death of close friend) and was upgraded to room 911. Obviously, I was a bit hesitant about that room #, but decided to take that room anyhow. Great room, quiet, clean and spacious, w very comfy bed, luxurious bedding and towels. Appreciated the complimentary bottles of water!

Restaurant and Lounge both excellent with great food, ambience, and wait staff! Hosted Sunday brunch for 6 people and it was lovely and plentiful with lots of quality choices plus eggs, waffles, etc. made to order.

As a smoker in a non-smoking hotel, I appreciated the hotel's efforts to provide outdoor areas w comfortable seating for smoking. Given it was Jan, the outside fire pit was especially welcoming.

Highly recommend this hotel and would be delighted to stay there again.

Room Tip: If hotel is quiet, ask for an upgrade - all they can say is .
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
nhoward, Director of Sales at Hilton Columbus/Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

First I would like to say how sadden we are to hear that your first visit with us was due to the sudden death of a close friend. We are truly sorry for your loss. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and had time to enjoy some of our great amenities. Thank you so much for taking time to write such wonderful review on our hotel and recommending it to other travelers. We hope you will return to the Hilton Columbus/Polaris when your travels bring you back to Columbus, OH on happier times.

Nancy Howard

Reviewed 12 February 2012

This was a great stay; the hotel and its staff exceeded my expectations. This is a newer Hilton property that sits within walking distance to the Polaris Fashion Place mall and several restaurants. The hotel's proximity to shopping and dining in addition to being right off the Interstate make the hotel extremely convenient.

Upon check-in I was promptly upgraded to a Parlor Suite. The lobby is spacious and elegantly, yet comfortably, decorated. Floors six through nine are considered Executive Floors with an Executive Lounge on the ninth floor. The lounge is closed for the weekend after Noon on Friday (breakfast is offered in the mornings and light snacks in the evenings). My eighth floor Parlor Suite was large and clean. Entering into a small entryway, a living room area was to the left and the sleeping area and bathroom were to the right. Both rooms had flat-panel televisions with a large selection of channels in both standard and high definition. Wired and wireless Internet access were provided and the speed was relatively good. Other features of the room included a small refrigerator, a robe, a nice work desk, a very comfortable work desk chair, and a wall safe. The bathroom was large and contained a stand-up shower stall. The bed was extremely comfortable and I did not hear any unwanted noise from neighbors or the hallway.

I enjoyed the bar downstairs in the lobby. The service was good and the drinks were well-mixed. The bar featured a casual bar menu, but you could also order from the hotel's main restaurant menu also. HHonors Gold and Diamond members will enjoy breakfast vouchers to the hotel's restaurant. The breakfast buffet was excellent and featured anything you could want. All of the food was hot and of high quality.

The hotel's fitness center is nice and features about half a dozen cardio machines, a rack of free weights, and a weight machine. The neighboring pool and jacuzzi also looked nice, but were filled with supervised kids the night of my stay. The hotel also features an on-site spa.

Overall, this hotel very nicely embodies the Hilton brand of mixing upscale decor with comfortable surroundings. The proper training of the hotel's front desk staff and restaurant/bar wait staff were evident and appreciated by this frequent traveler. I wish every hotel I had to stay at for work was as nicely furnished with polite and professional staff.

If you are looking for a convenient hotel at which to stay for some shopping and relaxation, this is an excellent choice. The room rates are typically cheaper on the weekends as this hotel primarily caters to business people during the week. The discounted weekend rates are a great way to experience all this hotel has to offer and experience some of the latest concepts at the Hilton brand.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 December 2011

We stayed here Christmas night as the first leg on a holiday trip. The room was well-appointed, with easy control of temperature and everything immaculately clean and in good shape. The complimentary fitness center was spacious and well-equipped with machines and monitors all in working order, and a wide selection of free weights and other exercise gear. The breakfast buffet included all the traditional breakfast fare plus a wide selection other delectables.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Daniel S
Reviewed 27 December 2011

We picked this hotel over Easton bc it sounded like it was much better. The hotel is aesthetically beautiful. The staff was overly friendly and nice until we needed something. Upon entering our club level executive parlor suite I noticed there was no bathtub to bathe my young kids so I spoke to the front desk. They said there was another room not available til the next night but was a suite that was $70 more. I said I'm not looking for more space, I need a bathtub. So they offered to only charge me $40 more since the lounge was closed on Saturday. Incident no. 2- at 940p we went to the lounge (and they close at 10) and the door was locked. There were 2 people in there and the female came to the door acting as if we knocked on the guest room door. She answered that they've stopped serving but the lounge was open although she stood in the doorway blocking us. We then said we just want water-she handed us 2 and stated that there's water in the room as if we weren't allowed to have more. Incident 3-went to the lounge for breakfast and at first the attendant was helpful (she had a leg brace on) but when we took 4 bottles of water, she asked"are you taking all of my water. You know you get water in the room." We paid to have access to the lounge floor btw!!! We left after one night-the hotel staff was manned with junior staff who didn't know what to do. I was told the hotel was only 20% occupied and the next day that all king rooms only had showers and no bathtubs. Very odd. And whatever you do don't get the executive parlor sure-all the space is in the hallway and bathroom but space is unusable! In the end the MODs gave us add'l points but there's a reason we're only silver status at Hilton. Very very disappointing!! As a side note traffic at Polars is a nightmare at rush hour-make sure you don't try and leave/go anywhere b/w 5-615!!

Room Tip: If more than 1 person do not get exec parlor suite!!! See notes above. They do offer airport shuttle for free which is great bc airport is around 15 mi away!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank BotRoad
nhoward, Director of Sales at Hilton Columbus/Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2012

I am sorry to hear about your challenges and disappointment with our hotel. As a highly ranked hotel within the Hilton brand, we do take great pride in offering the best customer service in the area. We are looking into your concerns and will be certain to address these issues mentioned with our staff so that we can learn from this experience. While we currently have room type descriptions, we are looking to enhance the descriptions on if a room has a tub versus a glass shower with no tub. We do offer tubs in all of our two bedded rooms as well as our Two-Bay Suites. If you decide to return to Columbus please contact us directly as we hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you and your family.

Nancy Howard