“Gone Downhill”
Review of German Village Inn

German Village Inn
Ranked #105 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 2 June 2010

I don't know if the Village Inn has new owners or what, but our last stay was bad. Upon entering, the room was very musty smelling. We turned on the air only to be overcome with a horrible odor like it had never been cleaned. Fortunately, I have learned to travel with a can of Lysol, which helped. The bathroom smelled like someone had urinated all over and it was never cleaned. Again, the Lysol helped. Quite disgusting. If you're staying here, pack Lysol and flip-flops because you're certainly not going to want to walk barefoot on that carpeting! The owners don't keep other guests in check, so don't be surprised if there's a loud party going on.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ToledoRick

Reviewed 21 October 2009

I LEARNED MY LESSON: ALWAYS CHECK OUT THE ROOM BEFORE YOU COMMIT TO PAYING. The room I stayed in on October 17th weekend was so saturated with cigarette smoke, it was difficult to sleep. (My unused clothes had to be washed when getting home.) The TV remote was broke. The hot and cold knobs were opposite. There was loud music and ruckus outside until 5 a.m. I am wondering how clean the sheets and pillows were. The only positive was shower water was hot.
What a waste of 80 bucks.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 October 2009

I reserved a room a month before the Columbus Marathon and received a confirmation number. I called three days before my stay to confirm my reservation and to alert the clerk as to the time of my arrival. I showed up the night before the marathon and was told that I had no room and that I had no reservation. The clerk was very rude and refused to let me speak to a manager or owner. At 10pm the night before my 7am run I was left scrambling trying to find a place to stay.
If you book a room don't be surprised to show up and have no room and confirming the room won't help.
AVOID!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 October 2009

Stayed 4 days at the Inn, and it was close to everywhere I needed to go to. It was clean and staff was very helpful. I would suggest this place for anyone from out of town that grew up in the south end of Columbus. Ted H.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 April 2009

I found the rooms very clean and sanitary the staff was very helpful and friendly. I would recomend this hotel to anyone. It is close to everything and there is something for every age to do near by. I am looking forward to coming back for a leisure trip with my family

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business