“Nice place”
Review of Bonifacio

Bonifacio
Ranked #384 of 2,357 Restaurants in Columbus
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

It is nice to have a Filipino restaurant in Columbus. Everything that we tried on the menu from appetizer to dessert tasted good and was custom made for us. Reasonably priced. I will come back in the near future.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

Most people have dined on Chinese, Thai, Japanese and Korean dishes. Filipino cuisine is the first and best Asian fusion you can experience. The fusion comes in the different forms of ethic foods melded together. Chinese, Spanish, Indian, American and native Philippine dishes are combined to create unexpected and delightful flavors.

Brunch is a treat due to the way the usual breakfast offerings are combined with unusual flavors native to the island. Ube waffles and fried chicken are fantastic. Ube is a dessert made from a purple yam and it is better than any yam you've experienced at Thanksgiving. The color is a purple-orchid shade that gives any dish an otherworldly hue. Don't be afraid...the color is magical! The waffles were served with a light syrup of coconut and caramel, butter and powdered sugar. They were the perfect combination of crispy edges and soft insides. The fried chicken (a leg and thigh) was super flavorful, as if it had been brined prior to frying. The coating was light and not drenched in oil.
My husband had the Silog dish called The Bonifacio, made with longanisa (Filipino style sweet garlic pork sausage), tocino (Sweet and savory cured pork, similar to thick cut bacon), and corned beef hash served with a large side of garlic rice, a soft fried egg. The dish is surprisingly light considering the three meats included in it. A type of pickled slaw with cucumbers, julienned carrots and thinly sliced white onions in a light vinegar dressing accompanied the dish.
The staff of the restaurant are always engaging and friendly, and quick to offer suggestions and help with interpreting the ingredients in the dishes. The bar offers an interesting twist on traditional cocktails by utilizing Filipino ingredients and liquors.
If you're tired of the usual Asian fare, try Bonifacio and be prepared to not want the usual Asian fare again!

Reviewed 6 February 2018

I had dinner (Kare-kare) and then lunch with a friend (adobo and sisig). Good Filipino food with some of the traditional/must-have fares -- adobo, sisig, lechon kawali (dinner only), chicken inasal, pancit, etc. The dishes I had still had the traditional flavors but served in a modern way -- for example, kare2 (oxtail stew in peanut stew) had veggies grilled/steamed on the side instead of stewed alongside the meat. It made for beautiful presentation. Food was good though I still miss the traditional food.

1  Thank MG D
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Great food and staff! Will definitely come back. Filipino food at its best. Also with modern twist and flair to suit the American taste.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

There aren't many Filipino restaurants that I have seen, but yet most of the Filipinos I know are good cooks!! Even though it is a drive for me, I was so happy to come across this restaurant. Even more when I ate there. They have the classic Filipino dishes such as lugaw, halo halo and their brunch menu is the best! I order the bistek and the beef wasn't leathery, but tender and flavorful. One of my favorite drinks was the kalamansi juice. Definitely tastes like the real thing. I ordered another one to go with Boba! I definitely had my fix that day and I'm looking forward to going back.