“good Filipino food”
Review of Bonifacio

Bonifacio
Ranked #366 of 2,367 Restaurants in Columbus
Reviewed 6 February 2018

I had dinner (Kare-kare) and then lunch with a friend (adobo and sisig). Good Filipino food with some of the traditional/must-have fares -- adobo, sisig, lechon kawali (dinner only), chicken inasal, pancit, etc. The dishes I had still had the traditional flavors but served in a modern way -- for example, kare2 (oxtail stew in peanut stew) had veggies grilled/steamed on the side instead of stewed alongside the meat. It made for beautiful presentation. Food was good though I still miss the traditional food.

1  Thank MG D

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Great food and staff! Will definitely come back. Filipino food at its best. Also with modern twist and flair to suit the American taste.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

There aren't many Filipino restaurants that I have seen, but yet most of the Filipinos I know are good cooks!! Even though it is a drive for me, I was so happy to come across this restaurant. Even more when I ate there. They have the classic Filipino dishes such as lugaw, halo halo and their brunch menu is the best! I order the bistek and the beef wasn't leathery, but tender and flavorful. One of my favorite drinks was the kalamansi juice. Definitely tastes like the real thing. I ordered another one to go with Boba! I definitely had my fix that day and I'm looking forward to going back.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

We started with the delicious Lumpia appetizer. We also ordered fried pork belly and ponceit. Bother we're equally as good.

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

Our family stopped in for a Sunday dinner. The service was prompt and friendly. The space was nicely decorated and comfortable. The food was... ok, but not that exciting. I enjoyed my chicken adobo. My husband ordered the Filipino fried chicken and spaghetti. He thought it was under seasoned. My son ordered the java fried rice and it was very disappointing. Four small squares of tofu on a big bowl of rice with a few bits of cabbage and two slices of cucumber. Overall, we were underwhelmed with our meals. The place is in a good location and had a really nice atmosphere, but the food could be better.