“Best Modern Art Museum in The Midwest”

Wexner Center for the Arts
Ranked #65 of 167 things to do in Columbus
More attraction details
Owner description: Performing arts center features films, art and other activities throughout the year.
Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

There exhibits change all the time . Another thing I like college to medical school school students get free and does not have be an OSU ID. Also they have a great gift shop. Lastly the people who work here are very nice.

All reviews
"genre"
"osu"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

I chanced upon the free guided tour of Cindy Sherman's exhibition at 5pm on a Thursday night, so that was a real treat. I am an art lover but I have NO clue about this genre nor Sherman's works. So the tour helped me to understand her works a little better. The exhibition was also free. Indeed, residents in Columbus are so spoiled! At 7pm, I watched an artsy documentry titled "Faces Places" by muralist JR that cost only $8 (students pay $6), and this centre plays these docu-movies the entire month! So spoiled!!! I am so envious of the residents here.

Tip: if you love the arts like I do, do pick up the brochure of the Wexner, or check out their website; they have such edgy works and programs that they should not be missed!

Reviewed 30 April 2017

A real must for anyone into contemporary art and film. It is also a world renowned building by Peter Eisenman that is worth photographing as an outstanding example of Deconstructivism. I visited twice- once at night for a film and then the next day for the exhibitions. They offer a really well curated program and I wish I had such a dedicated and diverse institution like this near me to visit.

Reviewed 2 March 2017

went and saw the Monet collection here and it was wonderful the staff was super knowledgeable and friendly. We will indeed be going back as soon as our schedules allow.