“Excellent Stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Columbus West

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hampton Inn Columbus West
Ranked #20 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Tri-Cities, TN
“Excellent Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2010

Stayed at this hotel while attending the OSU-Marshall FB game. I have also stayed at this hotel before. The service was excellent, it's very convenient off of I-70, the breakfast was wonderful, and I slept great!! I think the reviewer who reported bedbugs is imagining things, but that's just my opinion. I will DEFINITELY stay here again!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Sewickley, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2010

I stay in this Hampton fairly often on business, and have not had any issues until my last stay. The morning I left, I noticed welt-like bites on my left arm and torso. I compared these to internet images of bed bug bites, and suspect that I was a victim. Management was notified and seemed responsive. I know that this is a widespread problem and do not believe that this incident refects badly on this hotel in particular. Still, . . . .

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank lawmom611
Quincy, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2010

Had booked room for return trip in advance. Out of three locations in Columbus, We picked this one due to easy access to Highway 70. Outside of building appeared to look like most Hampton's but the interior appeared to me to be an older or different motel chain property, that had been re-fitted to some Hampton standards. Upon check in, went to the non smoking room that I had requested, and upon entry, smelled heavily of cigarette smoke. Went to front desk and requested another room, which they arranged. The new room was on the same floor (third and top floor) about 10 rooms away from the smoke filled room. This room, although better, still had a "smoker's touch" to it....it smelled at times as the cooling system kicked on and off like stale smoke as well. Carpet appeared to be well worn and there was a water stain over half of the ceiling from what appeared to a former roof leak. Cleanliness was so-so....Overall, I would not rank this location as an equal to the Hampton Inn standards that I have become very used to. I felt like this was a Hampton Inn in name only....not quality.....Although I have not stayed at the other Hampton properties in Columbus, I would certainly not advise folks to stay at the Trabue Road property.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank stonemason-9790
throws
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2008

I booked several rooms for a group traveling to Columbus and had a good experience working with the staff trying to negotiate prices and cancellation policies. They were pleasant to work with and accomodating to our flexible itinerary.

When we arrived, we were warmly greeted and helped ourselves to the snacks and drinks available free of charge to guests (cookies, mints, coffee, tea).

My primary concern for booking our stay in Columbus was to find comfortable beds. Clean and airy rooms with very comfortable beds are what we found. We were all very pleased with the rooms.

The continental breakfast is pretty good - a nice variety of things to choose from and pleanty of it. Good choices for kids and adults.

The location is ideal if you want to be close to downtown or campus activities but don't want to hassle with staying there. It took us about 10 minutes to drive back and forth from downtown and it was nice to be sort of out of the hustle and bustle once we reached our hotel rooms. The only downside to this is that most restaurants near the hotel are further than walking distance - at least in the heat.

The pool was nice and the lobby was accomodating to our large party hanging out together into the evening.

Overall, we paid less than $90 and had a stay that was worth more than we paid.

• Stayed June 2008
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2008

As a previous reviewer noted, this is an older Hampton Inn - I was really taken aback at that triangular bathroom. While the newer style Hampton Inns are very nice, this place didn't look special from the outside. The room though was nicely furnished and the bed quite comfortable. The bathroom was somewhat cramped, but being alone in the room, it wasn't such a big deal. Staff members I came across were quite friendly. Breakfast was the standard fare at Hampton Inns, which is to say, not bad - especially given the fact it's free. The hotel is a very short walk to a Cracker Barrel, otherwise there is nothing within walking distance. Though not the hotel's fault, getting to the interstate was somewhat frustrating due to heavy traffic on the side road which fed into the main road.

• Liked — Overall solid place to stay
  • Disliked — Difficulty in exiting the property to get on I70.
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank moodyblue