All reviews hollywood casino great hotel room was clean movie theater complimentary breakfast stay at this hotel again easy access enjoyed our stay off the highway up to date fitness center the breakfast area next morning bagels hot tub inns walmart
Reviewed 16 June 2011

Nice motel, clean, good breakfast. Close to freeway on West side of Colombus.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Doolittlespots
Reviewed 27 March 2011

58 yo medical professional who has traveled the world with the family. and I mean the world. Asia, Europe, N. C. S. America, Islands, and this is a first!!!!!!
My wife and I made reservations to stay at the HICW. We had our 3 year old grandson with us and our arrival was guaranteed by CC days earlier with the request of a.) back of hotel away from glaring lights and no elevator. We booked this hotel so we could take the grandson for a dip before bedtime. So, first we checked out the pool, which seemed clean but chlorine smell was very (+3) strong
and this burned MY eyes. The GS has asthma so we nixed that idea and told them what we thought.(1) We proceeded to the room which was located exactly where we asked not to be (front of hotel/ directly across form glaring merc-vaps.(2)
We have been here for 15 mins now!!! When the toilet would not flush I called the front desk and asked for a plunger as it seemed to be only clogged. (i even volunteerd to use it)(3) I figured my wife and grandson are exhausted and we'll get this fixed and forgetaboutit. I did take the time to complain about the above (smell, room locationn, stupid toilet) when the desk jockey simply say " I doubt we have any room here that would make you happy, I suggest you and your family leave" "I'll be glad to make a reservation for you somewhere else". WE HAVE BEEN HERE FOR 20 MINS NOW!!!! It's late we're tired and this jerk is throwing us out? Well I've done Hilton's my whole life but no more. This was not just insulting and inconveinient it was stupid. BTW my whole family and practice group have sworn off all Hilton properties now. Too many other fine, not so overpriced, quality hotels and chains are out there to be used.

Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank gastum
Reviewed 13 January 2011

My client suggested we stay at this Hampton Inn, so that's where we stayed. It was very convenient to their facility, which was nice, and convenient to a Walmart, fast food restaurants, and some chain, sit-down restaurants. It's also right off the highway, and not too far from downtown and the airport. Nothing was overly outstanding or special about the hotel and room, but I also had no problems with my stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 October 2010

We have overnighted at this hotel many times traveling back and forth between Washington DC and St. Louis. I think next time I will chose another Hampton Inn. The hotel is convenient to I-70 and has a Cracker Barrel very closeby and a Wal Mart. The facility is however, starting to show some strain.

We were in Room 324, which like another reviewer found in their room, reeked of cigarette smoke, even though the hotel is non-smoking.

Also, the airconditioning is pre-set to go no cooler than 68 degrees. We like the room cooler. Another point that I forgot about with this particular facility is that they no longer accept AAA discount.

I am a Hampton Inn silver level awards customer and know Hampton Inns. Like the other reviewer, our room also had a water stained ceiling over the beds and worn carpet. The table and chairs in our room were of cheap marginal quality as well.

The owner of this facility needs to start taking some of our $$$ and reinvesting it in the facility instead of just taking it out to his bank account.

I think the owner of this facility is clearly starting to focus on his needs more than the guests.

On the positive side, the hotel does have a nice indoor pool to unwind in at the end of the day, which is good especially for traveling families. Having stayed here many times however, I can see the age coming into the facility and with no AAA discount, will go on down the road next time to the next Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CHUKIE383
Reviewed 6 September 2010

Stayed at this hotel while attending the OSU-Marshall FB game. I have also stayed at this hotel before. The service was excellent, it's very convenient off of I-70, the breakfast was wonderful, and I slept great!! I think the reviewer who reported bedbugs is imagining things, but that's just my opinion. I will DEFINITELY stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends