“Cozy place for a big breakfast!”

Jack Flaps Luncheonette
Ranked #199 of 2,000 Restaurants in Cleveland
Price range: USD 8 - USD 13
Reviewed 29 August 2018

Stopped in on a Monday morning for a super hearty breakfast of (what else?) pancakes. Reasonably priced, casual and cozy. Would recommend i you're looking for something low-key in the area.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

I really wanted to like this place. Cool menu for breakfast with items we had never tried. So we ordered with two other tables already waiting for food. An hour later they finally start cooking it, I know because you can see the kitchen from any seat in the house. Even if they don’t give free refills on OJ, at least come by and offer to get water or something. The lemon curd pancakes were good but needed more toppings for the giant pancakes it’s on. The waffles were okay but certainly not worth the wait. Hopefully they can improve the service to make it worth going for others.

Reviewed 26 July 2018

We visited the morning after a T Swift concert. Had to wait for a spot about 20 min. It is a bit hard to find, its in an old arcade/ shopping area. Once seated, the one waiter did get us coffee pretty quickly. We ordered the Benedicto Mexicano which was incredible and original flapjacks. I believe the butter had cinnamon in it. Yum. The sausage was not a pre- packaged type. Food was delicious. Worth the wait. They had really cool types of pancakes like tiramisu and another with lemon curd. Only one waiter and he could have used help for sure. They also seated 2 people every other table which left a lot of empty tables.

Reviewed 18 July 2018

We had a tough time finding something on the menu we actually wanted to try. The menu is full of odd combinations. Cute place, and one of the only places open in the area on a Saturday afternoon (seriously, what is up with that?).

Reviewed 10 July 2018

My Dad and I visited this location a few years back and it was great. My family and I went back this past week and it was terrible. We aren't from the area and flew in for a family trip and I was really excited to eat here again. The service was really poor and honestly, probably some of the worst I've had - it seemed that they were possibly short staffed but, they didn't mention this to us. The hash isn't really hash, it's not crispy and I really didn't care for the red pepper vinaigrette they mix into it. The waffle my son had was pretty good, I are most of it for him as I couldn't stomach the hash I ordered. I would not recommend this location.