“A January Sojourn in Cleveland”

Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square
Ranked #28 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Dayton, Ohio
“A January Sojourn in Cleveland”
Reviewed 25 January 2012

To celebrate my 60th birthday, a trip to Cleveland was planned so we could visit the Rockn Roll Hall of Fame and see HAIR at the Cleveland Playhouse...all in one day. Took advantage of the hotel's Rock n Roll Hall of Fame package which included the room, valet parking, 2 tickets to the museum and shuttle service...all for $151 including taxes. Two tickets were worth $44.00. It was cold, snowy, etc...it was January in Cleveland. Valet parking was appreciated after a 4 hour drive. The hotel's shuttle took us to Pulic Square for dining choices and shopping and then picked us up and drove us to the Hall of Fame. Picked us up from there and we had time for a quick drink...service could have been faster...back at the hotel. We walked across the street went down one block and we were at the theatre. The logistics could not have been better. Found all staff to be friendly and helpful. It is an older hotel and the rooms were as expected. I left my Kindle in the room and the housekeeping staff had it mailed to me that day when I reported my error. My biggest disappointment was the pizza we had delivered at the advice of the front desk staff on the night of arrival! I would highly recommend this hotel for a trip such as this.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Stephanie S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Cleveland
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel with my family and friends. It was a nice getaway weekend. We almost cancelled our reservations of 14 rooms beforehand, however, because of the discourteousness of one of the sales staff, and were very leary about the rest of our visit.

But we were pleasently surprised and very relieved when we arrived. Jamie was very friendly and helpful in checking in our rather large group. They put our rooms all together for us. The rooms were pretty clean and well decorated.

We went for dinner in the hotel's bar Friday evening, the appetizers and drinks were half off. They were absolutely delicious! I highly recommend their french fries and chicken wings. Kevin, our server, was very nice and never seemed annoyed because he had to take care of such a large group. He did mess up a few orders and checks, but he fixed them all without complaining.

I greatly appreciated that they let us use a room to play board games in. One of the servers from the restaurant, Allan, went above and beyond for us. He even made popcorn for the little ones for game night, and made a quick delivery to our room. He was really great.

Overall I felt the hotel was clean, the pool was nice for the kids, the staff and food was great, and parking wasn't too bad. I would definitely consider returning for another family getaway.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 20 January 2012

This was my first experience staying at a Wyndham hotel, and it is now my standard by which I measure all hotels against. The staff was amazingly friendly, the room service was prompt, the food delicious, and they brought me a fridge to keep the extra food in at no additional charge when there was a mix up in my order. But the absolute best part of the hotel is the bed. Best bed in the entire world. I wanted to take it home with me and never leave it! I stayed at the hotel with other coworkers for a function and the first thing everyone commented on was the bed. There was also bliss bath products in the bathroom which were luxurious and lovely. Highly recommend this hotel to everyone and will stay here again if ever in the area.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
HospitalityMgr, Manager at Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square, responded to this review, 22 January 2012
Dear MMK49,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed our amazingly friendly staff and the "best bed in the entire world"! We hope that your travels will bring you back to Cleveland and back to the Wyndham.

A. Strieter
Hospitality Manager
Coldwater, Michigan
Reviewed 16 January 2012

We asked for an upgrade when we got there and they gave it to us for and extra $30 a night, so we expected a VERY nice room!! It was a King corner suite or so we thought. It was far from it!! The mini-fridge and microwave were on the floor!! The microwave had dents all over it and the fridge had rust inside it. Needless to say we didn't use it. The coffee table looked like it got left out in the rain - bubbling all over it. We had to turn the entire a moire so that we could see the TV. The tub/toilet area was VERY poorly lit. The outlet situation was horrific! 1 plug with a multi-plug adapter plugged in to it. It was wires everywhere!! We called maintenance. Upsdide - the bed was comfortable and the view was decent. Very quiet. We stayed on the 5th floor.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shea G
Dear Shea G,

Thank you for staying with the Wyndham Cleveland. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our guest room and it's amenities. However, I am glad to hear that you had a comfortable bed to sleep on. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

A. Strieter
Hospitality Manager

Travellers are raving about these Cleveland hotels

England
Reviewed 15 January 2012

This could be a good hotel... but it is not. The area is quiet, which can be good, but it is not the best walk to any restaurant. But what lets this place down is service - from the queues at check-in, to glass on the room floor to stained bed linen. At best an average mid-range - certainly not with the money.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business