1,246 results
All reviews urban farmer rock and roll hall front desk heavenly bed the club lounge convention center lake view valet parking within walking distance walk in shower football stadium beautiful hotel hall of fame first energy stadium valet service nice stay browns stadium
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

After reading other reviews I agree after staying here and the independent owner of this Westin/SPG/Marriott property needs to train the front desk staff and management at this Cleveland hotel. I’ve stayed at most of the hotels in the area and this hotel is lacking at customer service and warmth. No recognition for being a SPG (plat) or any SPG member at check in or options for breakfast or upgrade (or lack of room for upgrade given.) Doormen/valet did not want to be working. The food at Urban Farmer was disappointingly terrible and the lack of use of gloves and hygiene by the the man at the app station in front as he touched everything then dug his hands in plastic bins of condiments then refrigerator handles, etc was disgusting to watch for someone who worked in a restaurant. Bartenders were very nice, though.

Rooms are large and the hotel looks to be recently refreshed. Beds are comfortable, the room was quiet but it lacked a mini fridge. I called for one (which I requested pre-arrival) but when he brought one up there was literally nowhere to put it except the middle of the room due to layout so I passed. Good location near Browns stadium. I would say 3.5* It’s as if no one wants to be working there which is sad, because the rooms are a lot bigger than other hotels in the area, the customer service just needs to improve.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jbmWyoming
Ryan B, General Manager at The Westin Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear jbmWyoming,

I have sent you a private message to continue the conversation. Thank you for the feedback on Elite Member satisfaction and your experience at Urban Farmer.

I was pleased to see you enjoyed the size of the guestrooms and the renovation.

Hope to chat soon,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just stayed here for a 3 night conference after a 2 year hiatus where I’ve been staying at the new Hilton. Hilton wins! The Westin service simply doesn’t live up to the brand standards. With only one (expensive) restaurant, no outdoor space for a breath of fresh air, and housekeeping that doesn’t show up until 4pm, I can’t rave at all. Beds were poorly made (bottom sheet not tucked in) upon arrival. In room refrigerator was handy for storage until I tried to reopen it to find the cabinet had been locked (no idea how, as there was no visible lock and it wasn’t a mini bar). Hope someone is enjoying my leftovers. Used the service button of phone to call for car, was told to wait 10 minutes for valet. Waited that length of time to go down only to find valet had no knowledge of call, so the waiting started all over. On the plus side, elevators are speedy and food service for conference was tasty and served well. Overall though this hotel pales in comparison to other city offerings. Really downhill since previous stay in 11/2016.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Ryan B, General Manager at The Westin Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Edye,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping team to use as a training opportunity regarding the making of the beds. We hope you give us another opportunity to visit. I will send you a PM so you have my contact info for your next visit.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We needed a hotel for a one night stay in Cleveland. We were familiar with the Westin but did not know it had been recently updated. It is beautiful and understated in decor. Service was efficient and very friendly. Our room was SO comfortable, quiet and the bed and pillows were luxurious. We had drinks and sushi in the club lounge. Our server was friendly and so knowledgeable. We felt very welcome and the view from the 22nd floor was amazing. Breakfast here was excellent. I would highly recommend splurging on this amenity. The only negative was the cost of parking overnight which was $34. It is high but I'm sure other hotels charge about the same. Great location for us as we could walk to our destinations. This is a very good hotel. Westin is running this hotel right!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear extrastuff2017,

Thank you for the kind words and review of your recent stay. We are thrilled to see you enjoyed our team's service and accommodations. The Club Lounge definitely offers great amenities, views and service. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here on the 1st night of a cross country trip. We had a lovely room with two queens. Competitive rate. Nice lobby. Valet parking only which was easy. Short walk to Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Science Museum. Maybe a 20 minute walk to ballpark.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear mrnugget,

Thank you for your review and glad to see you enjoyed some of the great options within walking distance from the hotel. Yes the ballpark is about 10-15 minutes walking distance.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

I've stayed at this hotel once a year for the last three or four years and it used to be wonderful. Unfortunately, the location is great, but the room is subpar and the service is miserable. Here's a quick summary of our experience:
1) The sheets don't fit the bed
Not like the kinda fit - they DON'T cover the entire mattress. When asked if they could put the correct sheets on my bed they told me that they don't have king size sheets. It's disgusting that my feet (and everyone else's) are touching the mattress every night.
2) Wrong room keys
While checking in - the less than attentive - desk attendant gave us keys to someone else's room. That's right, instead of focusing on our check-in, they created keys for some other person's room and handed them to us. That's not safe!
3) The toilet seat doesn't fit....
Again, like the sheets, the toilet seat didn't fit the toilet - and I don't mean it was 'kinda' off, it was falling off the toilet. Uncomfortable, unsightly, and unacceptable.
4) Bad Room Service
We ordered breakfast. No big deal... but when our order arrived at our door - it wasn't ours. They treated us like it was our fault they brought the wrong order. After waiting an hour for our meal, we received the correct order, with no silverware. What?
5) The little things
Then there are the little things: no coffee creamers or stirrers one day after they serviced the room, servicing the room so late that it's not worth servicing, no light in the room, leaving room service items even after servicing the room.

Honestly, I won't be staying here again. Try the Hilton. I had friends who loved it there.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the lake.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank Drew D

Dear Drew D,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience. I have sent you a private messages so that we can continue the conversation and hopefully welcome you back to the Westin.